Crossbed mattress

slammer

Featured Posts

Hi folks , I am currently in the market for a mattress for our crossbed, needs to be a well made one ,but as always budget is important, Any recommendations for companies in the north midlands would be appreciated thanks.

Edwardian Bedding will make you a mattress which will fold two thirds/ one third, so you can leave the bedclothes on during the daytime and still get past the bed to/ from the stern. We have had one on Trojan since she was built (2006) and are well pleased with it.

• Greenie 1

Edwardian Bedding will make you a mattress which will fold two thirds/ one third, so you can leave the bedclothes on during the daytime and still get past the bed to/ from the stern. We have had one on Trojan since she was built (2006) and are well pleased with it.

Thank you Athy.

EB are excellent, not cheap though. Try Whalin upholstery. If you are on FB take a look at Beacon Boats Ltd page and you'll see a cross bed pic upholstered by them, which also makes it a sofa.

Thanks Ally

I did see that one last week, looks a nice design, Our boat is liveaboard so EBC is looking like the favourite at the moment. Comfort is a must , just had the quote and my wallet aint very comfy.lol.

Ours was made by the Bed Centre in Tamworth 4 years ago. Not expensive and comfy. We do have a memory foam topper on top which means you don't feel the join.

Regards

Pete

Edited by pearley

I had our mattress made from Edwardian Bedding and I have to say that I'd never order from them again. Whilst the mattress is of an OK quality, they are by far , the most expensive for what is an ordinary mattress just folded in two.

Also, my biggest gripe is their customer service. All smiles and lightness on the phone when placing the order, but if you don't mind the courier they use delivering the mattress three quarters of a mile away from you and you having to roll the mattress on end down to where you are and then when you make a complaint, for you to be ridiculed and basically ignored by Edwardian Bedding Co and for them to just side with the courier and explain that they'll attempt to take a further delivery charge off your card if you keep 'harping on about it' then feel free to use them. LOL Oh and yes they did attempt to take a further charge but i'd cancelled my card to be on the safe side ;)

AVOID!

Wow, I'm surprised by that....we have always had exceptionally good service, and I have one of their mattresses in my own boat....comfy! Still, looks like the OP is more after 'seating' type mattresses.

Wow, I'm surprised by that....we have always had exceptionally good service, and I have one of their mattresses in my own boat....comfy! Still, looks like the OP is more after 'seating' type mattresses.

Hi Ally

Its a full crossbed mattress that I am after, it wont be used as seating just a full time bed. I want a 6ft x 6ft 3" which folds at one third across , so basically a small double with a 2ft add on .