Braunston to Coventry

Featured Posts

Spent a lovely long weekend with my eldest son taking Mr Bunbury to Coventry and back. We left Braunston late Friday morning and enjoyed a pleasant run through the countryside watching new born lambs finding their feet in the fields. We moored a short distance beyond Brinklow marina. Saturday morning continued the country views up to Hawkesbury Junction where the Oxford and Coventry canals meet. We then moved on to the Coventry canal and cruised the 5 miles to Coventry basin where we moored for a couple of hours to have a quick look at the Cathedral. The back to Hawkesbury to moor overnight and dine at the very welcoming Greyhound Inn. Sunday greeted us with sunshine and we made the return journey in shirtsleeves. Not very exiting, just a very pleasant weekend on the cut.

God you miserable gits...

lovely cruise Meggers, and a damn fine weekend it was too, very jealous that you were moving, especially today.

Coventry is very interesting, and it must be 1978 since I last went to the Cathedral, and I remember the new one more than the destroyed one

Thanks for your cruise thoughts. gald to see you getting about.

God you miserable gits...

lovely cruise Meggers, and a damn fine weekend it was too, very jealous that you were moving, especially today.

Coventry is very interesting, and it must be 1978 since I last went to the Cathedral, and I remember the new one more than the destroyed one

Thanks for your cruise thoughts. gald to see you getting about.

Thanks Matty. I'm sure Coventry has a lot to offer and I will give it more time when I next pass but this trip was more for the journey than destination. I found the North Oxford to be a very beautiful rural canal with only one or two small villages on the way. I've come to the conclusion that true relaxation is found with a tiller in hand B) .