Busy weekend on the Oxford....

Stephen Sugg

Featured Posts

Well, got back last night from showing a load of scout leaders the ropes on the two LNBP boats out of Braunston and to be honest, had a bit of a 'mare!

I decided that we should go to Fenny Compton (because I hadn't been for a few years), that was my first mistake!! The two boats just didn't like the summit pound at all! They didn't handle at all well and on a couple of occaisions I just pulled over and gave up for a few minutes! We finally got to Fenny to find a boat moored in the Winding hole and our boat wouldn't fit in the bit that was left ( it actually got jammed!, why don't they make them 75ft?!) So we went cap in hand to the marina and the lady there gave us permission to turn in the entrance (which I made a coumplete hash of, but I was knackered and a bit fed up!) I went to bed, the rest went to the pub. it was only 5pm.

The next day was a reverse of the above really although we did get the added bonus of chatting to a lovely couple at Napton on a boat called Enigma out of Wigrams, it's a fantastic looking boat with a really nice Gardner.

just thought I'd share that

have fun

All, would Stephen not been morally in the right if he's loosened the ropes and moved the moored boat up a bit to make enough space? I can't remember if there are 'No Mooring' notices at the Fenny winding hole, but it is blimmin' close to the water point....

Mooring on water points and in winding holes.............

Hung, drawn & quartered seems appropriate to me.

And it's generally privates not hires, so ignorance is no defence.

Edited by dor

All, would Stephen not been morally in the right if he's loosened the ropes and moved the moored boat up a bit to make enough space? I can't remember if there are 'No Mooring' notices at the Fenny winding hole, but it is blimmin' close to the water point....

When we were doing our boat training last weekend I was suprised at how many boats were moored in winding holes, luckily we had a short boat and went ahead anyway.

Regards,

Ally P.

Bottle, just checked where you're from...

And I would like to point out that Tractors are bigger than cars... which may be the cause of the parking issue :closedeyes:

Its not the tractors, its the little old ladies and men in their Nissan Micra. :unsure: