Forum feature...

Featured Posts

Just joined another forum which seems to have a really good feature.

When you type into a new post's subject line it brings up links to posts that have been posted previously on the same or similar subject matter...so you can see if the question you want to ask has already been asked and answered.

Four came up on a question I wanted to ask, clicked on the first link and answer found...

No need to incur the wrath of the 'use search you numpty' brigade.....

When you type into a new post's subject line it brings up links to posts that have been posted previously on the same or similar subject matter...so you can see if the question you want to ask has already been asked and answered.

Four came up on a question I wanted to ask, clicked on the first link and answer found...

That's a good facility - - - - and worth using.

Mind you - at least you had the foresight to use it - - there are many peeps who find it so very much more inconvenient to have others spend their time answering their questions, rather than spend a few minutes looking at the 'search' function

Tho' I rarely tell them 'use search you numpty' - - - even if I think it :blush:

That's a good facility - - - - and worth using.

Mind you - at least you had the foresight to use it - - there are many peeps who find it so very much more inconvenient to have others spend their time answering their questions, rather than spend a few minutes looking at the 'search' function

Tho' I rarely tell them 'use search you numpty' - - - even if I think it :blush:

The search facility on here though takes a bit of mastering, hence I don;t say it to new members or anybody else TBH...

Nice to see it made easy for 'wrinkly forum warriors' like me....

Could we have a link so that we can see how it works?

I think this takes the fun and discussion out of it. Even the newest member may have a slightly different twist on things. Even if it has been done to death, the success of this forum is conversation and I think the Fiat example, whilst good in principle could end up in a single issue search engine with little or no exploration of the facts. In fact unless moderated heavily it could well be just a bunch of duff info....