Shower pumps

Kathymel

Featured Posts

Hello all.

I've had a pootle around some of the shower topics here, but can't find the answer I want.

In brief, is there a shower pump that doesn't have to sit in a tray of water, but that can just suck direct from the outlet?

My problem is the outlet pipe on my shower is slightly lower than its entry point into the pump tray. This means (unless I muster all the crew and half the furniture onto the starboard side of the boat) that the water in the shower stays just above the plug hole.

The only alternative is raising the shower. :(

Cheers, Kathy

Hello all.

I've had a pootle around some of the shower topics here, but can't find the answer I want.

In brief, is there a shower pump that doesn't have to sit in a tray of water, but that can just suck direct from the outlet?

My problem is the outlet pipe on my shower is slightly lower than its entry point into the pump tray. This means (unless I muster all the crew and half the furniture onto the starboard side of the boat) that the water in the shower stays just above the plug hole.

The only alternative is raising the shower. :(

Cheers, Kathy

Now - - I'm no expert on shower pumps - but we have a whale gulper that is connected to the (underside of) the shower tray via 2 metres of pipe, (the pump is located under our sink for easy access.

and the pump itself is also about 9" higher than the shower outlet - but there is never a trace of waste water in the tray when we finish showering . . . ..

Edited by Grace & Favour

Try the Whale Gulper 220. http://www.force4.co.uk/850/Whale-Gulper-220-.html

Unlike the sump box shower pumps there is no float switch, so it has to be manually switched. The best place for the switch is on the ceiling above the shower or somewhere else which doesn't get too wet - unless you want to use a waterproof switch. It's 12v (or 24v) DC so that's just a preventative maintenence issue, not a safety concern.

The other good thing about these pumps is that they do not require a filter. I installed mine 6 years ago and haven't touched it since. They are quite noisy, but at least that means you won't leave it switched on by mistake.

Edit: Here's one on ebay for 69 quid! I'm not sure you'll beat that price anywhere else.

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/320679233691?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&adtype=pla

Edited by blackrose