Heywood Boatbuilders

Alex&Derek

Featured Posts

I have a 2007 Haywood boat, owner fitout (not me)

No problems as yet been living aboard for 2 years and heavy cruising in the warmer months.

She handles well and I blacked her last year ,no real signs of corrosion or major pitting very pleased, and I got her at a lovely price. As far as I know there is no connection with Mike Haywood (but stand to be corrected) the shells are well finished and I would buy again.

Yours Stan.

Edited by slammer

Can someone with more knowledge than me please explain the diference, if any, between Mike Haywood (or Heywood) Boats, Haywood Boats and Great Haywood Boats? I have certainly heard of the first but am unsure about the last two.

Can someone with more knowledge than me please explain the diference, if any, between Mike Haywood (or Heywood) Boats, Haywood Boats and Great Haywood Boats? I have certainly heard of the first but am unsure about the last two.

At the risk of being shouted down, I am fairly certain that Heywood boats and Mike Heywood boats are the same thing, Great Haywood Boats do not build boats but are a brokerage, and Haywood boats do not exist.

Much as I suspected, thanks, apologies for my spelling (Hayward?) I mentioned Great Haywood because I think this or a similar thread's title mentioned them.

Edited by Athy

Sorry I should of clarified the name , mine is a Great hayward boat. They do build boats, copied this off there web page.

We can build any size or style of boat to your own requirments. Please contact us to arrange an initial appointment to discuss your needs and the benefits of letting us build your dream boat. Call 01889 881960.

Yours Stan.

Ps Great Heywood marina have a brokerage and sell second hand boats.

Edited by slammer

• 9 months later...

I've just joined the forum so I could reply when I found this thread. I'm hoping it's still useful to Alex and Derek. Steve Heywood (Heywood Boatbuilders) built our boat as a sailaway in 2006 and it's been a joy. It's stylish and handles brilliantly - no end of people have admired it, even other boatbuilders. We'd always wanted a Mike Heywood boat but unfortunately, Mike died before we got round to it. Whilst trawling around several other boatbuilders, we found Steve who is is Mike's son and continues to build boats in his family's tradition. I think we were very lucky to find him and even luckier to own one of his boats.