lister reduction box

mick4sure

Featured Posts

Hi I have been quoted over £120 from a marine suppier for the oil seal £76 plus vat plus carraige and oil seal bush £18 plus vat plus carraige, its the seal on the reduction box end casing where the reduction shaft comes out on a Lister 2-1 reduction box, as the seal which I took out had made in tiwan and no numbbers on it I could not find a match localy and the way the oil poured out made me think it had been a bodge anyway so I consulted the manual found a diagram of the box and was lucky enough to gat the part numbers for bits needed, found a supplier for lister parts but was quoted over £120 for the oil seal and oil seal bush. Seems a bit harsh but as I am brand new to working on Listers or finding parts or knowing a fair priced suppliers was hopeing someone on here could put me right on price or alternative suppliers for these parts. Thanks...Mick4sure

Hi I have been quoted over £120 from a marine suppier for the oil seal £76 plus vat plus carraige and oil seal bush £18 plus vat plus carraige, its the seal on the reduction box end casing where the reduction shaft comes out on a Lister 2-1 reduction box, as the seal which I took out had made in tiwan and no numbbers on it I could not find a match localy and the way the oil poured out made me think it had been a bodge anyway so I consulted the manual found a diagram of the box and was lucky enough to gat the part numbers for bits needed, found a supplier for lister parts but was quoted over £120 for the oil seal and oil seal bush. Seems a bit harsh but as I am brand new to working on Listers or finding parts or knowing a fair priced suppliers idgwas hopeing someone on here could put me right on price or alternative suppliers for these parts. Thanks...Mick4sure

Marine engine services in Uxbridge.

01895 236246

Thanks for info. I will put these in my book as I am sure to need other bits. I was lucky enough to get the seal and bush today from Marine engine services Uxbridge who explained the reason the seal is so expensive is its made of leather and Lister would want around £100 inc vat, but these people can supply me with an after market leather seal for £37, I will need to look up how to fit a leather seal as all this is new to me. Be lucky Mick