bolinder 1052 spares needed...

bigkicker

Featured Posts

Hi all, I knew there would be a forum that might be able to help me somewhere on the net. I recently puchased a new (to us) narrowboat,that has a 1052 Bolinder fitted. It smoked a bit when we bought it, had a couple of oil leaks but the price of the boat was OK so, we allowed for it in the price. (the guy selling it came down £5,000). The heads off now, thats all been refurbed ready to go back on after new pistons and liners are fitted. BUT...... I cant find anyone with a headgasket, tried several places to locate one but to no joy. anyone know where I might be able to get one from rather than have one made, I would have liked it done before Christmas so we could have chugged away from all the hustle and bustle on boxing day...... Thanks for any help given,

That's one for Chris Giles (batavia).

He's got a couple of Bolinders.... and the contacts.

I'll PM him for you.

Thanks, any help would be great, I've tried Uxbridge Marine, their trying to locate one for me.......

Cheers, Roy.

Thanks, any help would be great, I've tried Uxbridge Marine, their trying to locate one for me.......

Cheers, Roy.

The two most likely UK sources would be:

John Pattle at P&S Marine 01923 248372

Tony Redshaw - who had some 105x spares for sale recently (including pistons & liners)

Otherwise you would probably have to go abroad - and for a head gasket it would then be much cheaper and quicker to get one made!

Good luck

Chris

Hi all, I knew there would be a forum that might be able to help me somewhere on the net. I recently puchased a new (to us) narrowboat,that has a 1052 Bolinder fitted. It smoked a bit when we bought it, had a couple of oil leaks but the price of the boat was OK so, we allowed for it in the price. (the guy selling it came down £5,000). The heads off now, thats all been refurbed ready to go back on after new pistons and liners are fitted. BUT...... I cant find anyone with a headgasket, tried several places to locate one but to no joy. anyone know where I might be able to get one from rather than have one made, I would have liked it done before Christmas so we could have chugged away from all the hustle and bustle on boxing day...... Thanks for any help given,

If you have no joy with obtaining one, Try googling the Stationary engine/ Tractor forums, some Bolinder/Munktel tractors are fitted with a very similar to the 1052 engine, & there are several guys on the stationary sites that produce gaskets for engines that spares are NLA

If you have no joy with obtaining one, Try googling the Stationary engine/ Tractor forums, some Bolinder/Munktel tractors are fitted with a very similar to the 1052 engine, & there are several guys on the stationary sites that produce gaskets for engines that spares are NLA

It is the BM 230 tractor, I think (same core engine, just a different exhaust manifold).

Chris G