VE Configure

pearley

Featured Posts

Does any one know if VE Configure will work with W7. I have the interface but can't get it to worh on my new laptop. (It worked OK with Vista) Have downloaded latest driver from Victron but to no avail.

Hi, the software works fine on my laptop with Windows 7.

Have you downloaded the Datfile to the same folder as the program?

regards

Roger

Hi, the software works fine on my laptop with Windows 7.

Have you downloaded the Datfile to the same folder as the program?

regards

Roger

What datfile?

On Victron website it only shows http://www.victronenergy.com/Executables/VEConfig/CDM20814_Setup.exe

Sorry, just found datfile at the bottom of the page but when I click on it it justs opens a page full of gibberish.

Downloasded the VEConfigure file at the bottom of the page, this now gives me the proper start page but states 'cannot find VERSION.DAT file

Edited by pearley

Are you using the correct setup for your version?

SAFE! link to page.

At the bottom, as well as the Datfile, is the software for devices with software 14xxxxx and 17xx000 - 17xx129. If yours falls in that range, then that's the setup you should be using (veconfigure.exe), not the executable you linked to above.

Tony

Are you using the correct setup for your version?

SAFE! link to page.

At the bottom, as well as the Datfile, is the software for devices with software 14xxxxx and 17xx000 - 17xx129. If yours falls in that range, then that's the setup you should be using (veconfigure.exe), not the executable you linked to above.

Tony

Software is 1809146.HEX so am using VE.Bus Quick Configure Setup (v9010121) and VE.Bus Quick Configure Setup (v9010121). Program opens until I get to Select COMPORT. This has 3 options, Auto DEtect plus COM 8, 9 and 11. Whichever one I try gives message stating Port not found.

Pete

Hi Pete,

I've not used VE, so forgive me if I'm talking rubbish. As it's asking for a Com Port I assume it's after a 9 pin serial port? Serial Com ports are a problem for many programs that aren't Win7 compatible, and for some older hardware.

Firstly, in Device Manager, are the serial ports listed? If not then either you need to get the current drivers for your motherboard, or if these are already correct you may need to add the hardware manually.

Let us know and we can take it from there.

Tony

I bought a USB-to-serial cable off Amazon which works fine with my RS232-only old Garmin eMap.

I may have been lucky though as I have heard that some of these conversion cables are less reliable than others.

Hi Pete,

I've not used VE, so forgive me if I'm talking rubbish. As it's asking for a Com Port I assume it's after a 9 pin serial port? Serial Com ports are a problem for many programs that aren't Win7 compatible, and for some older hardware.

Firstly, in Device Manager, are the serial ports listed? If not then either you need to get the current drivers for your motherboard, or if these are already correct you may need to add the hardware manually.

Let us know and we can take it from there.

Tony

Thanks for your help. All sorted now. If I had read everything on the Victron download page I would have realised that I needed VE Configure 11 for my software version and the MK2 USB driver. Having downloaded this it put a link on my screen to VE Quick Configure. Opening this program got me to where I said in the earlier post. If I had looked at all the programs I would have noticed VE Configure 11. Opening this and everything works as it should.

So have reset to slightly lower Absorption and Float charge voltage which hopefully will get rid of the occasional overcharging alarm I get when on a shoreline for any length of time. Will revert back to higher settings when we go off cruising again next year.

Many Thanks

Pete