food safe hose not cassette

boatboss

Featured Posts

I'm not worrying, I have a food grade hose which is flat and very easy to store.

Since a food grade hose doesn't cost much more than a garden hose it doesn't seem so outrageous to use one. On the other hand, those who aren't bothered about the issue at all might decisde to plumb out their whole boat in PVC garden hose because it's cheap...

It all comes down to personal choice.

It's a British Standard, rather than legislation. The link I posted was about Hep20? :unsure:

I've no idea about which previous British Standards old plastic plumbing would have conformed to.

Not sure why you feel the need for the question mark and "unsure" smiley, I am aware that the link was about Hep20. My point was that the British Standard is only three years old - BS EN ISO 9001: 2008.

Edited by David Schweizer

No one has mentioned this, though it has been discussed by the forum on previous occasions: as most people do not drink the water from their boat's water tank, why would a food-safe hose be needed to fill it?

Really?

I drink the water from mine. Amazingly, I'm still alive.

I worked with a chap who worked in a canning factory. Of ever she bought a tin of plumbs she would count the plums and stones. If there was more stones than plums she threw them all away.

You mean a chapess, surely?