Postal Forwarding Services

12uthy

Featured Posts

I've had a quick search of the forums on the topic of Postal addresses and living aboard and I gather that most livaboards use friends addresses.

However this approach may not be the best option for us for various reasons and we were wondering if there was anyone who uses one of the Forwarding Services and could recommend a good one. Cost is a consideration so we are looking for one that doesn't cost the earth but is reliable and convenient. (Yes the words Cake and eating thereof spring to mind lol)

I was looking into boatmail.co.uk and it looks reasonable, anybody had dealings with them?

I've had a quick search of the forums on the topic of Postal addresses and living aboard and I gather that most livaboards use friends addresses.

However this approach may not be the best option for us for various reasons and we were wondering if there was anyone who uses one of the Forwarding Services and could recommend a good one. Cost is a consideration so we are looking for one that doesn't cost the earth but is reliable and convenient. (Yes the words Cake and eating thereof spring to mind lol)

I was looking into boatmail.co.uk and it looks reasonable, anybody had dealings with them?

But if you don't have a postal address where do they forward it to?

Hi

I own boatmail and I always encourge boaters to look at other providers before deciding on my services

If boaters look in any of the canal related magazines they can see who advertises and a search in a search engine under mail forwarding will produce many companies who operate a service

Many will not do a pay by item service for low volume users

I provide a Uk street address so things like driving licencees and government elements are catered for

If anyone has any questions about mail forwarding, I'm happy to answer at info@boatmail.co.uk

The plan is to forward it to my brother but we can't use his address as a postal address, not least because he has a habit of moving himself every 6-12 months! but we can use it for collecting mail from.

Does that make sense? Can't think how else to put it. :wacko:

The plan is to forward it to my brother but we can't use his address as a postal address, not least because he has a habit of moving himself every 6-12 months! but we can use it for collecting mail from.

Does that make sense? Can't think how else to put it. :wacko:

Yes

Hi

I own boatmail and I always encourge boaters to look at other providers before deciding on my services

If boaters look in any of the canal related magazines they can see who advertises and a search in a search engine under mail forwarding will produce many companies who operate a service

Many will not do a pay by item service for low volume users

I provide a Uk street address so things like driving licencees and government elements are catered for

If anyone has any questions about mail forwarding, I'm happy to answer at info@boatmail.co.uk

Hi John thanks, will keep your email for future reference. :cheers:

We use Boatmail and find the service excellent. We can have post sent either to a post restante as we continually cruise or our son's address if he is going to be visiting us. The address service is invaluable for official organisations such as banks, pensions etc and occasions when a PO address is not accepted.

Val

Most of the Post Office around the country will accept mail as 'Poste Restante' - mail sent to a Post Office to await collection, but check first that the office accepts mail as some are too small to store any items - and no, there is not a definitive list on the web !

Some boatyards will accept mail to be delivered/collected from them but only on an ad hoc basis and its normal that you buy something from them to says thanks - again, always ask as most are very helpful