from selby to rodley

owen

Featured Posts

The guy who runs the trip boat below office lock reckons it's when you can't see the sign you have to worry...

Personally I don't enjoy the landing stage at river lock when there's any significant flow on the river.

Dog owners - where do you take your dogs for "toilet duties" when staying in Clarence Dock? I like the moorings there but it's not very dog frienfly which is why we always use the quiet moorings above office lock.

Dog owners - where do you take your dogs for "toilet duties" when staying in Clarence Dock? I like the moorings there but it's not very dog frienfly which is why we always use the quiet moorings above office lock.

We had this issue the first time we moored there, but after posting on here were directed to the rear (river side) of the Royal Armouries towards the sanitary station.

There is a grassy area above and after the lock but before the pontoon.

Cheers appreciated - though just had a chat with Jan and think we are going to just do the hop to Woodlesford anyway.

Have daughter and daughters boyfriend in tow in 'shopping mode' so in some respects if they are laden with shopping it's a better option to go in on the train from there as it gets them right into the centre whereas CD as you know is a little way out and a decent walk or bus ride away anyway.

Ahh Woodlesford......so much prettier than Lemonroyd............ :D :D

Thanks for the info on levels. Unless it drops a lot by Sat afternoon, it looks like we might be heading out to the beach hut instead this weekend :lol:

Hopefully we'll be back to normal the week after - we're planning on heading up the L&L for half term week...

Thanks for the info on levels. Unless it drops a lot by Sat afternoon, it looks like we might be heading out to the beach hut instead this weekend :lol:

Hopefully we'll be back to normal the week after - we're planning on heading up the L&L for half term week...

:o You have just spoilt my breakfast I didnt realise there was yet another school holiday on the horizon.............

Ahh Woodlesford......so much prettier than Lemonroyd............ :D :D

Yeah but where do you empty your loo????

I mistook the 'refuse' symbol in the Nicky's guide as the one for a 'sanitary station' near the lock wheeled my cassette all the way down the the towpath to find there isn't one.

At least we have proper facilities at Lemonroyd.... :P

Yeah but where do you empty your loo????

I mistook the 'refuse' symbol in the Nicky's guide as the one for a 'sanitary station' near the lock wheeled my cassette all the way down the the towpath to find there isn't one.

At least we have proper facilities at Lemonroyd.... :P

Yeah you are right. We dont want the smell like Lemonroyd up ere so we just take our crap down to you lot to get rid of it :lol:

Update; the flood gates to Clarence Dock are now open.

Thankyou Robbo - we did in the end just go in on the train from

Wodlesford. By co-incidence the platform at Leeds that the train we took arrives at (17A) is directly over where the Aire exits from under Leeds station and there is a window where you can see it - there was a pretty strong flow yesterday still.

You can see the windows in question in the pic. posted earlier by David.

PICT0121.JPG

Edited by MJG

I've bookmarked the link too! Thanks :)

Had a lovely weekend chugging. No one to wave to at The Dog House when we went past, but was good to meet Robbo and drool over his boat! Didn't see Owen, so hope he's made it ok.

Same again next week, but hopefully continuing up the L&L. Thanks for all the info this week - it was good to know what to expect :)

No one to wave to at The Dog House when we went past,

Guess we were in Leeds at the time - we had left a scurvy dog crew (Jan and Dennis) aboard mopping the lower decks and cleaning portholes though so they wouldn't have seen you...

I've bookmarked the link too! Thanks :)

Had a lovely weekend chugging. No one to wave to at The Dog House when we went past, but was good to meet Robbo and drool over his boat! Didn't see Owen, so hope he's made it ok.

Same again next week, but hopefully continuing up the L&L. Thanks for all the info this week - it was good to know what to expect :)

no didnt make it me crew went all awol on me cos i said the floods might not receed (i sound like noah ) :rolleyes: so its this friday floods permiting

Guess we were in Leeds at the time - we had left a scurvy dog crew (Jan and Dennis) aboard mopping the lower decks and cleaning portholes though so they wouldn't have seen you...

More likely than not :) Although you were a bit of an "oooooh, there he is!" landmark! :lol:

by the way the link is great ive saved it to my phone and if your anywhere near leeds next week it would be good to meet you all :cheers:

We will be - we're planning on heading up the L&L, so should be back in Clarence Dock next Sat. Will keep an eye out for you.

Sorry you didn't get underway this week. Let's keep fingers crossed for the rain and floods holding off for next weekend!

We will be - we're planning on heading up the L&L, so should be back in Clarence Dock next Sat. Will keep an eye out for you.

Sorry you didn't get underway this week. Let's keep fingers crossed for the rain and floods holding off for next weekend!

thanks i can hope i dont have a name for my boat as yet but i will keep an eye out for your boat called honey cheers see you then

well exactly one week from my last post and it seems a bit like groundhog day but at least im armed with the knowledge you helpful people have given me so hopefully ill be setting off for rodley on saturday

well exactly one week from my last post and it seems a bit like groundhog day but at least im armed with the knowledge you helpful people have given me so hopefully ill be setting off for rodley on saturday

Give us a wave when you pass thro Woodlesford... :D