tardebigge

DustyDave

Featured Posts

He knows about the moorings but wants to know the duration that he may stay.

Is it 48 Hrs, 5 days, 7 days, 14 days.

ps. sorry I do not know the answer.:(

Yes,

Nobody has answered the question, have they!

As Bottle says, he knows there are moorings there, but not the time limit.

Although I find the BW downloadable boaters guides on Waterscape not much use for anything else, they will generally answere the "how long at a mooring" questio.

I've just downloaded the W&B one, and it says.....

Visitor moorings

Tardebigge Br 56: Maximum 14 day.

So hopefully an answer to the question ?

Cheers for the info about the moorings. As others said I'm aware of the moorings at tardebigge. I'm just not aware of the time limits. I have a feeling BW changed the limit of the visitor moorings below top lock to 48 hours earlier this summer. I think the guide is out of date. I'm not sure if the whole pound is taken by visitor moorings.

Dave

Cheers for the info about the moorings. As others said I'm aware of the moorings at tardebigge. I'm just not aware of the time limits. I have a feeling BW changed the limit of the visitor moorings below top lock to 48 hours earlier this summer. I think the guide is out of date. I'm not sure if the whole pound is taken by visitor moorings.

Dave

I think if they encourage you to use the guide as a crising aid, and it says it is 14 day, they can hardly object if they have chosen to reduce the maximum time without updating the guide! :rolleyes:

I can't remember seeing any signs up there, or indeed boats. Normal "middle of nowhere" rules seem to apply. Watch out for stoppages though.

The large chunk (30 boats length) I moored to a couple of weeks back had massive rings and was 48hours. Then there was a 5 boat bit with no time limit nearer the top lock. I must admit to not being interested near lock 2 as there seemed to be a lot of noise from machines near by.

Edited by Tiny

The large chunk (30 boats length) I moored to a couple of weeks back had massive rings and was 48hours. Then there was a 5 boat bit with no time limit nearer the top lock. I must admit to not being interested near lock 2 as there seemed to be a lot of noise from machines near by.

I can definitely confirm that the moorings below the top lock are 48hour max. On my way down this summer, I didn't see the signs until I was in the top lock, and reversed straight out when I did. My timetable meant I wouldn't be back for three days, so I moored on the stretch above which has no (posted) restriction. There are no rings there, though, and there's not a massive amount of space between the lock landing, the tunnel mouth and the frequently used winding hole.

• 3 weeks later...