Exploding battery

musicman

Featured Posts

Lead-acid batteries are dangerous things. When charging they release hydrogen gas, a spark is enough to bolw the top off, or the side out, and shower you with sulphuric acid....

Alternatively a dead short of sufficient amps capacity, across the terminals of a fully charged battery, will do the same.

Some good advice here....

CLICKY

Happened to me once, when jump-starting the van one morning. I was very lucky not to be covered in acid, as I was standing right beside it. As it was, just hosed everything down, replaced the battery and set off for market.........

It’s all ways handy to have a squeeze bottle of slightly salty water at hand near your battier box in case of emergencies.

Saline solution is best to clean out the eye which is the most delicate part of the face.

I use

http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Sterile-Saline-360ml_10991/

I am not having a dig at anyone here, but I often wonder about "gas free" boats that have huge battery banks. Having seen batteries explode, I hardly think such craft are gas free. Each to their own though.

I am not having a dig at anyone here, but I often wonder about "gas free" boats that have huge battery banks. Having seen batteries explode, I hardly think such craft are gas free. Each to their own though.

Here,here.