sending a link

Featured Posts

is it possible to put a link to the site pages into an email?,if so what is the method please.

or how to find the link info to type it in myself.

Hi Gaggle

Some one will know the technical way, but if you look at the address bar at the top of the screen that will be the link address you need.

Look at the top of your page 'address' click on it to highlight it, then go to edit top L and click on that, a drop down box will appear scroll down and click on copy. Then compose and write your e mail as normal, then click where you want to place the link in your e mail , click on edit, when the drop down box appears click on paste and your link should appear in the body of the e mail. Sounds complicated but it's not.

Edited by Bernie

thanks bernie,when you say click and highlight address at top of page should i be able to see an address at the top of the page or do you mean the address box in the toolbar?

ps .i normally have the "veiw"button on full screen and when that is so the address box in toolbar is not visable and i can see no address in type that i can copy

dan has mentioned the address at page top in relation to something else and i could not see it then.

Yeah, as people have said, if you just select the address in the toolbar while on the page that will do.

- If you usally brouse with the address toolbar turned off, then another way is to right click on a link to the page you want (ie, from the page before the page you want to link to) and the right click, and select "copy link address" this should copy the link address the to the 'clipboard' From which you can then 'paste' it into the body of the email.

The link should look simular to this in its make up.

- http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=4119&hl=link

- Where the number in bold varieys depending on the topic (this is the unique number of the topic) and where the word 'link' would be highlighted

Daniel

Edited by dhutch