Scrap metal

smudge837

Featured Posts

BW are probably acting in the same way any land owner is allowed to - removing rubbish illegally dumped from their own property. They may of course "invite" someone do act as their agents, or even pay someone to do the dirty work for them.

(I know what my brother's father-in-law did to anyone he caught dumping on his pig farm - let's just say they got it back with interest...)

You would be guilty of theft, as the trolley still belongs to the store that it was taken from.

You may find that some supermarkets will pay you a pound a time for returning them (because they are atually responsible for removing dumped trolleys), but if you start selling them for scrap, you will very likely find yourself in court.

Cobblers !

First go look at the scrap price on corroded galvanized mild steel, lower than a snakes belly.

Edited by onionbargee

Cobblers !

First go look at the scrap price on corroded galvanized mild steel, lower than a snakes belly.

What it is worth isn't actually relevant.

The simple fact is that trolleys recovered from the canal do not belong to the person finding them, they belong to the supermarket, and selling them for scrap is theft.

Much like Calor Gas bottles belong to Calor, and cutting one up to make a chimenea is theft.

• 2 weeks later...

What it is worth isn't actually relevant.

The simple fact is that trolleys recovered from the canal do not belong to the person finding them, they belong to the supermarket, and selling them for scrap is theft.

Much like Calor Gas bottles belong to Calor, and cutting one up to make a chimenea is theft.

I am a criminal mastermind then, with an illegal underground chimnea empire. I need to be stopped !