Temp gauge

Graham E

Featured Posts

The temp gauge has stopped working.

After looking around the engine area there are two wires (white & red) connected together into a female spade connector but I cannot see anywhere to plug it into.

Engine is a Mercury 2 stroke 9.9.

Gauge does work as when I touch the connector to a bolt the gauge reads highest temp.

Thanks

The temp gauge has stopped working.

After looking around the engine area there are two wires (white & red) connected together into a female spade connector but I cannot see anywhere to plug it into.

Engine is a Mercury 2 stroke 9.9.

Gauge does work as when I touch the connector to a bolt the gauge reads highest temp.

Thanks

I do not remember a temperature sender on any of our 9hp Mercs in the 70s so wonder if it is a "hangover" from an engine replacement but you need someone with more up to date experience to be sure. The only think they did have was a tell tale water jet from the back of the engine when running.

It has worked in the past, just can't see where it would connect to to get a signal

Someone must have fitted an aftermarket sender then. Gotta be a connector somewhere for it, keep looking :)

Tony

After market senders can be glued onto the block with epoxy, it may have just fallen off, check round the bottom of the engine shroud. I wouldn't worry too much, they are hugely unreliable and as someone else said as long as it's pumping water well you won't have any problems with temperature.

Thanks will have a look for some glue. Wire will only reach to certain parts so the connection is limited to certain parts.

Yes the water flows out of the engine.

Just would like the gauge to work as it's fitted even if it is a waste of time it is at the end of a day a boys toy. :blush: