Apparent Delays on Shared Bit of the Oxford (With the GU)

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

Hillmorton Locks have signs posted about delays on the Oxford.

I think they related to somewhere near Bridge 101 and 102, which seems to be on the part where traffic on the Grand Union also shares on the Birmingham Route.

I thought the sign talked about delays on Thursday 10th, but that can't be right checking a diary.

It talks about delays of up to 4 hours. On that stretch it could affect a lot of boats at this time of year.

I didn't pay more attention, because I expected it to be on Waterscape Stoppage List, but I can't find it there.

Sorry for very incomplete information, but anybody thinking of going that way Wednesday or Thursday might do well to ring BW to find out the correct version of what I have managed to garble. :blush:

Between Bridge 101-102

Waterway: Oxford Canal »

From 10/08/2011 to 10/08/2011

Asset inspection has identified the significant leakage of water into a culvert in this location. The amount of water being lost is extremely significant especially given the current water shortages on the Oxford Canal. For this reason we have no option but to carry out emergency works which will cause further restrictions on the Oxford Canal.

Emergency leakage repairs will take place on Wednesday 10th August between 8am and 5pm. Boats may be delayed for up to 4 hours.

Oh goody! We are moored in that pound and there is only about an inch between the bottom of our boat and the canal bed. I just hope that someone has the sense to loosen our mooring lines if the boat is keeling over.

If you are going past Alan, could you have a look for me and report back, thanks. I promise not to poke fun at you for at least a week ! :lol:

There seems to be a problem with the date range side of their lookups.

(For me at least), I can now see that if you list date range "All" it is listed, but if you list those falling in the one week from today, then it is not.

Bit of a bummer as that is how we have been looking for other restrictions we could fall foul of.

If you are going past Alan, could you have a look for me and report back, thanks. I promise not to poke fun at you for at least a week ! :lol:

David.

Sorry, no. we have gone up the Northern Oxford.

We may eventually come back your way, but it will probably not be for nearly 2 weeks, I suspect.

There seems to be a problem with the date range side of their lookups.

(For me at least), I can now see that if you list date range "All" it is listed, but if you list those falling in the one week from today, then it is not.

Bit of a bummer as that is how we have been looking for other restrictions we could fall foul of.

David.

Sorry, no. we have gone up the Northern Oxford.

We may eventually come back your way, but it will probably not be for nearly 2 weeks, I suspect.

Thanks. Fortunately,RayT who moors near us, has offered to have a look for me, which will be reassuring. Jan had her operation yesterday, so I will not be visiting the boat for a while.