internet access

jenlyn

Featured Posts

Bought the new 3 network dongle, ( Huawei E367) with HSPA+. Thus far, it seems fast, very fast. Was using Vodafone before, which was a little hit and miss. We both have Blackberry's with three network and rarely have problems accessing the internet with them. So thought i would try their dongle. Got a 25% discount and will pay £13.02 per month for 15GB. What say thee all?

Bought the new 3 network dongle, ( Huawei E367) with HSPA+. Thus far, it seems fast, very fast. Was using Vodafone before, which was a little hit and miss. We both have Blackberry's with three network and rarely have problems accessing the internet with them. So thought i would try their dongle. Got a 25% discount and will pay £13.02 per month for 15GB. What say thee all?

I'm paying £18 for the same gb, so I think your doing well!

I've only drawn a blank once near upper hey ford but even then I did't try too hard, everywhere else has been brilliant. Just between braunston & rugby at the moment and have good speed considering how remote this feels.

Paul

Guest wanted

Got the 3 MIFI deal £15 for the same GB, I like it because we can both use our laptops at the same time. I was on T Mobile before and 3 beats it hands down in this area. Sounds like you have got a good deal.

pretty good aint it..

1393076128.png

I've no doubts about the speed of the dongle - what I didn't like when I was a subscriber was the 3 network itself. After 3 years of refusing to pay the demands they kept sending me and reminding them that since the matter was still in dispute I was under no obligation to deal with threats of legal action sent by their third party contracted debt collection agencies, they have finally agreed that their broadband service was defective after all and have called off the dogs.

3 is cheap, but when things go wrong you're left speaking to customer service & various technical call centre depts in India. At first they seem very chatty & polite, but after repeated calls in my experience most are actually rather incompetant and unable to put into practice the sort of customer service we have come to expect in this country.

Edited by blackrose

I've no doubts about the speed of the dongle - what I didn't like when I was a subscriber was the 3 network itself. After 3 years of refusing to pay the demands they kept sending me and reminding them that since the matter was still in dispute I was under no obligation to deal with threats of legal action sent by their third party contracted debt collection agencies, they have finally agreed that their broadband service was defective after all and have called off the dogs.

3 is cheap, but when things go wrong you're left speaking to customer service & various technical call centre depts in India. At first they seem very chatty & polite, but after repeated calls in my experience most are actually rather incompetant and unable to put into practice the sort of customer service we have come to expect in this country.

What can really go wrong with a dongle?

3g network can go down but unlikely.

What can really go wrong with a dongle?

3g network can go down but unlikely.

I wasn't talking about the dongle!

The network doesn't have to go down for it to be unusable and that's not unlikely at all - in my experience it was very common in certain areas and the 3 technical dept confirmed this. However, that was 2 - 3 years ago so perhaps they've improved it by now.

Edited by blackrose

I'm also on 3 and have both a Samsung Galaxy S which can be used as a wireless router access point and a Zoom wireless router with a Huawei e169 dongle and an external aerial.

After connecting using the laptop to the Samsung via wireless I get the following results from SpeedNet

ping 238 DL 0.35 UL 0.28

Using the Zoom and e169 and aerial I get

ping 219 DL 0.62 UL 0.37

Plug the e169 and external aerial directly into the laptop (ie, no wireless) I get

ping 197 DL 4.29 UL 0.33

If I remove the external aerial from the dongle I get

ping 183 DL 4.38 UL 0.33

I ran the test multiple times for each setup

What I found interesting was the best signal came from the e169 dongle being plugged directly into the laptop without the external aerial. The Zoom and Samsung wiressless connections were poor.

Hi, I have the same dongle and have been very happy with 3. But if you have their pay monthly or PAYG service with top ups you pay somewhere around £15 a month for 3 GB -- not a bad deal, but I don't usually use 3 gigs in a month.

If you buy a new 3 SIM each time on eBay (exactly the same service) your 3 GB cost £13 - £15, but it lasts for 90 days. They tell you to top up after your 90 days, but top ups only last 1 month and cost the same. So I just buy a new SIM off eBay. 3 more gigs, good for 90 more days. If I run out sooner, I buy a new SIM sooner.

Bob's your uncle.

Hi, I have the same dongle and have been very happy with 3. But if you have their pay monthly or PAYG service with top ups you pay somewhere around £15 a month for 3 GB -- not a bad deal, but I don't usually use 3 gigs in a month.

If you buy a new 3 SIM each time on eBay (exactly the same service) your 3 GB cost £13 - £15, but it lasts for 90 days. They tell you to top up after your 90 days, but top ups only last 1 month and cost the same. So I just buy a new SIM off eBay. 3 more gigs, good for 90 more days. If I run out sooner, I buy a new SIM sooner.

Bob's your uncle.

I pay £15 a month and get 15 gb per month..use it normally then just download a few films at the end of the month..