info on boat?

petalponk

Featured Posts

My lovely boat has very little in the way of original documentation, so i'm seeing if any of you can help me out with any information.

As far as i've been told she was built in 1999, and her insides were rejigged in 2009, so i'm assuming her BW number 519199 is from the refit and not her original number?

On one scrap of paper the builder was listed as stilton and belairs, which when i googled that leads me to believe that it was probably built by floating homes in peterborough? Does anyone have any info on that builder as i'm thinking that due to lack of web presence that they no longer build boats?

Her last name was Yamas and before that it appears to have been Silver Sky.

Any info would be appreciated.

:)

My lovely boat has very little in the way of original documentation, so i'm seeing if any of you can help me out with any information.

As far as i've been told she was built in 1999, and her insides were rejigged in 2009, so i'm assuming her BW number 519199 is from the refit and not her original number?

On one scrap of paper the builder was listed as stilton and belairs, which when i googled that leads me to believe that it was probably built by floating homes in peterborough? Does anyone have any info on that builder as i'm thinking that due to lack of web presence that they no longer build boats?

Her last name was Yamas and before that it appears to have been Silver Sky.

Any info would be appreciated.

:)

This site is always worth a look http://www.jim-shead.com/waterways/boats.php

TEN FOUR RD Built by BELLAIRS - Length 15.18 metres (49 feet 10 inches ) - Beam 2.08 metres (6 feet 10 inches ) Metal hull, . Registered with British Waterways number 519199 as a Powered. Last registration recorded on 31-May-2011.

I guess the previous owner was a CB'er!

Edited by john6767

Erm i called it ten four rd as i like trucks and convoy and the missus likes ducks!

Thanks for the info so far.

Does anyone know anything about the builder?

Ta in advance

Bellairs built cheap hulls and changed names several times due to going out of business. Ours is still floating after 20 yrs.

Sue

• 1 month later...

Erm i called it ten four rd as i like trucks and convoy and the missus likes ducks!

Thanks for the info so far.

Does anyone know anything about the builder?

Ta in advance

I own a floating home boat - instantly recognisable by a bit of fancy scrollwork on the hatch lid (I hated it and chopped it off). They are out of business now but made about 400 budget shells before the recession. Their engineering side built the millennium bridge. My observation is that they knew how to weld steel but the finish of the welds left a lot to be desired. It took a lot of grinding and filling to get my welds to an acceptable standard. A budget boat builder with a basic fit out often undertaken by Eastern Caravan and Narrowboats.