advise on a boat please

Darren72

Featured Posts

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230630976359

I have spotted this on ebay and asked the following questions can anyone think of any they would ask?

how many batteries, how bigs fuel and water tank, last engine service, how many gas bottles it carries, approx cost of morrings.

Tidy little boat - looks like a nice re-fit.

No mention of any inverter which probably means the mains will only work on shore power - I would ask.

Doesn't mention the HP of the Isuzu engine - I would want to know that.

A cover all question that any honest seller won't mindyou asking is:-

"Does it have any known defects/faults"

That could save an unnecessary journey to see a boat that has a serious fault(s)

Others on here will think of other stuff to ask I'm sure.

I will try again

There will shortly be a "microsoft are bankers" thread at this rate

Put in the footwork, we viewed Juno to see if a Viking 23 was what we wanted, it was so much what we wanted we bought Juno. Ripple, our previous boat, was next to the one I'd gone to view, "Sredni Vastar" which turned out to tick all the boxes until I actually saw it.

Look for recent, but not too recent, BSS (although when I sold Ripple she'd passed the BSS the day before!), look for signs of being "looked after" or rather, signs of not being so. Ask for electric, gas and engine to be demonstrated. One reason we sold Ripple so quickly was that every viewer had a cup of tea off the hob and was made to feel that the radiators were warm. Everything worked, and that's what you should look for

And Good Luck...

That second boat Gremlin states...

4 CYLINDER BETA MARINE DIESEL ENGINE APPROX 800 RUNNING HOURS

That is incredibly low running hours for a 1994 boat.Has the boat been re-engined at some point? If it has that could be a big point in that boats favour, a new BV1505 is knocking on for £6k.

You should probably start with what you want, not what's on it. Then you know how much it will cost to make it what you want, and what you're spending on stuff you don't want.

If you don't know what you want, you haven't looked at enough boats yet. :P

I will try again

There will shortly be a "microsoft are bankers" thread at this rate

Put in the footwork, we viewed Juno to see if a Viking 23 was what we wanted, it was so much what we wanted we bought Juno. Ripple, our previous boat, was next to the one I'd gone to view, "Sredni Vastar" which turned out to tick all the boxes until I actually saw it.

Look for recent, but not too recent, BSS (although when I sold Ripple she'd passed the BSS the day before!), look for signs of being "looked after" or rather, signs of not being so. Ask for electric, gas and engine to be demonstrated. One reason we sold Ripple so quickly was that every viewer had a cup of tea off the hob and was made to feel that the radiators were warm. Everything worked, and that's what you should look for

And Good Luck...

Why not too recent BSS, Patrick?

Tidy little boat - looks like a nice re-fit.

Funny how opinions differ. I think the refit looks horrible. It looks like poorly varnished WBP ply to my eyes. About as cheap as you could possibly do.

Tony