Visiting Brentford

Sue1946

Featured Posts

We plan to go to the Powergen Cup Finals at Twickenham on Sunday 9 April. It would appear to be logical to moor at Brentford for the duration, coming southbound on the GU. Q1 - are there safe moorings for 1 night at Brentford? Q2 - can we turn to come northbound again? Sue

We plan to go to the Powergen Cup Finals at Twickenham on Sunday 9 April. It would appear to be logical to moor at Brentford for the duration, coming southbound on the GU. Q1 - are there safe moorings for 1 night at Brentford? Q2 - can we turn to come northbound again? Sue

Good moorings just above the gauging lock (100) plenty of room to turn.

I have spent quite a few weeks there.

Below the gauging lock is semi tidal so best avoided but there is an excellent pub Tthe Brewery Tap) just opposite Thames lock.

J

Edited by idleness

• 2 weeks later...

The moorings in the basin above the river lock must be pretty safe judging by the number of people that leave their boats there unattended. It can get busy in the summer, but people don't usually mind you breasting up.

Yes, There is a new developement called Heron View just as you get into Brentford on the GU. Plenty of moorings and space to turn. Keep an eye open for us on our boat Lulama, moored just past the Lamb, about 5 minutes before Hanwell top Lock. Do say hello if you cruise past and we are at home.

Pat

How do you turn round?

Knowing where you are means you'd have to go up to bulls bridge to turn or down the hanwell flight?

Lulama is actually only 34' long, so I can turn round anywhere. For bigger boats there is a space to turn about half way between bulls bridge and the Hanwell top lock.

Pat

How do you turn round?

Knowing where you are means you'd have to go up to bulls bridge to turn or down the hanwell flight?

Just to be a pedant:

The Hanwell flight is only locks 92 to 97 i.e the bottom six.

The top two locks 90 and 91 are Norwood top lock and Norwood bottom lock.

There is a winding hole between locks 91 and 92.

J

Just to be a pedant:

The Hanwell flight is only locks 92 to 97 i.e the bottom six.

The top two locks 90 and 91 are Norwood top lock and Norwood bottom lock.

There is a winding hole between locks 91 and 92.

J

You are quite right. I stand corrected. I just always see the whole lot as one huge bunch of locks that takes hours to get through. Pretty, but hard work.