Kilby Bridge Lock - Leicester Line

maggie-y

Featured Posts

Kilby Bridge Lock and Double Rail locked are only going to be open between 8am and 5pm next week - they are going be manned by BW during this time and padlocked outside these hours.

Not sure why - but for anyone leaving Crick etc and coming this way I thought I would pass it on.

Maggie

Kilby Bridge Lock and Double Rail locked are only going to be open between 8am and 5pm next week - they are going be manned by BW during this time and padlocked outside these hours.

Not sure why - but for anyone leaving Crick etc and coming this way I thought I would pass it on.

Maggie

i had trouble with teenagers at double rail lock about a year ago - throwing beer bottles etc near the boat. they're prone to vandalism in this area, so that maybe the reason.

Edited by larrysanders

i had trouble with teenagers at double rail lock about a year ago - throwing beer bottles etc near the boat. they're prone to vandalism in this area, so that maybe the reason.

They are also talking about a full stoppage next week for repair work to take place.

"Restriction at Lock 31

Saturday 28 May 2011 until further notice

Due to an issue with the bottom Lock gates at Lock 31, the Lock will be staffed for assistance between 08:00 and 17:00 each day.

The Lock will be closed outside of these hours.

British Waterways apologises for and inconvenience that this may cause.

The nearest winding holes are below bridge 97 and bridge 98.

Further to this restriction it is likely that a stoppage will take place during WC 30/05/11, to undertake emergency repairs.

Further information will be made available here as and when available.

Enquiries: 01827 252000"

• 2 weeks later...