Half Price Nicholsons

Mac of Cygnet

Featured Posts

Never say never. I just ran several boxes of books down to the local tip. I don't buy books to sniff them! The rest will be going to the jumble sale.

Edited by Morat

You are indeed missing something - water-points and other facilities, are they working, are they closed. Has that pub closed down. Is there a new restaurant just opened? Is there a stoppage, has the stoppage ended? Timely information! :-)

Nope don't think I am missing anything. If I am that concerned about a stoppage I can check that before I set off. As for your other points if I see a pub I like the look off I just stop and as for water points I never need one that urgently that I can't wait until I come across one and just top up. (except last winter when I was iced in and ran out of water but an ithing would not have helped) I am all for technology but can not see the need to use it as I cruise.

Hi

As your anonimous I have no idea your age ? I bet u r nearer 12 than 50 ? :D This modern expensive technology has a place ( School )

but as with the Kindle it will never outsell proper printed books there is no comparison, and the feel and look and smell of a book will always be wanted by many people well into the future. Keep paying silly money for a glorified telephone someone has to keep China in business....... B)

I am nearer 70 than 50 but I must say I do like my Kindle!!!

The very idea of getting timely travel information from a piece of paper that was printed years ago is rapidly becoming laughable. Laughable not because of computers and laptops, they are far too clunky. Smartphones and iPads are the only way to do timely information like this. Change is happening and it is happening much faster than most people realise.

Until you have actually stood at the tiller, iPad in hand, and quickly checked something on CanalPlanner then you don't know what I am on about!

One of my crew once dropped one of my guides in a lock - cost to replace £7...

Ipad..??

You'd need to be very careful.

I am nearer 70 than 50 but I must say I do like my Kindle!!!

You could in theory use the browser on it to view CanalPlanner while on the move.

I don't find the screen that good for web browsing though.

You could in theory use the browser on it to view CanalPlanner while on the move.

Thats because it is designed as a book reader, The processor is too small to cope with proper browsing and to be honest, I have a lap top for browsing and playing ganmes, a TV for watching, a mobile phone for phoning and my Kindle for reading.

I was quite pleaseed to see an advert for the ipad the other day which proudly announced the battery lasted 10 hours. My kindle was last charged 2 weeks ago with a minium of 4 hours reading per day.

To late to plan once on the move, anyway I hate planning I just move and stop when the mood takes me and all those CCers have not hogged all the moorings. rolleyes.gif

To late to plan once on the move, anyway I hate planning I just move and stop when the mood takes me and all those CCers have not hogged all the moorings. rolleyes.gif

Now John we both know we continuous cruisers dont hog moorings thats continuous moorers, there is a huge difference ;)

Thats because it is designed as a book reader, The processor is too small to cope with proper browsing and to be honest, I have a lap top for browsing and playing ganmes, a TV for watching, a mobile phone for phoning and my Kindle for reading.

I was quite pleaseed to see an advert for the ipad the other day which proudly announced the battery lasted 10 hours. My kindle was last charged 2 weeks ago with a minium of 4 hours reading per day.

me too (apart from the red bit that is)