TRENT FALLS

mrsmelly

Featured Posts

:D

I am intending to go round Trent falls during either first or second week of june. If anyone wants to go round at the same time with their boat feel free to join me. I intend leaving either Keadby or Gainsborough and going round to naburn lock in one hit so should be a good day.

Cheers.

I do hope you had VHF and had done the course otherwise Phylis will be on to you!

Woe betide!!

Tone

:lol:

Yeah I have done the course and got the radio I wouldnt go round without one after a dead scary event without a radio some years ago near gainsborough.......Phylis knows I am going round but Ill do it on a weekday and get my boat on the plane so she cant catch me........

yes have a vhf set and licence, also went to somewhere near sheffield and did the course. but still got it wrong on the outward journey and ran aground in the middle of the "island" still it was a lovely sunny day and we just sat there for 2 hours and had lunch!!

yes have a vhf set and licence, also went to somewhere near sheffield and did the course. but still got it wrong on the outward journey and ran aground in the middle of the "island" still it was a lovely sunny day and we just sat there for 2 hours and had lunch!!

:blink:

Oh noooooooooo cripes dont talk about running aground, Pj is coming with me and you must have heard about his form on ( permenantly ) running aground....... :wacko:

Oh noooooooooo cripes dont talk about running aground, Pj is coming with me and you must have heard about his form on ( permenantly ) running aground....... :wacko:

the secret is too keep as far to the east as you can when going downstream on the trent as the island sticks out a long way (further than i'd anticipated!! LOL) at worst you sit there for a couple of hours! ;)

and sinking.... although he only does that when out at sea

Edited by Bones

Let me know when you're up the Ouse. I'll come out of my bunker and meet you. Any intention of coming up the Derwent? We need visitors.

Tone

Hi

Hadnt realy thought about the derwent, is it feasable with 70 foot ? might well give it a try on the way back :)

and sinking.... although he only does that when out at sea

Hiya young Bones, why dont ya come along we could do wiv a female to work the locks, cook, wash up and open the beer etc... ;)