Help with Victron Inverter

seadog42uk

Featured Posts

The worry is where is that 50% extra power going & the answer is mainly heat whilst gassing. I removed two batteries from my boat recently that I'd previously had to disconnect due to one cell failing to short circuit in each - 10 volt battery being charged as 12 volt gets quite hot :rolleyes: Both showed signs of the casing distorting although thankfully it hadn't split.

I would be wary therefore of batteries that require quite so much replenishment.

A healthy battery will of course self limit it's charge rate once it's reached acceptance, it's the bulk charge where the damage can be done due to too high a charge rate. Don't exceed the 1% rule, i.e. limit charge to 1 amp per 1% of battery discharge, e.g. 30% discharge of 500ah of battery capacity equals 150ah which equals 150 amp charge rate at that point of SoC Pretty sure I've covered that ok if not Gibbo will step in with his sword of vengeance :D

Pretty sure I've covered that ok if not Gibbo will step in with his sword of vengeance :D

It's more complex than that: http://smartgauge.co.uk/chargesize.html

Tony

The worry is where is that 50% extra power going & the answer is mainly heat whilst gassing.

And slowly, oh-so-slowly, removing the last of the sulphation.

Tony

It's more complex than that: http://smartgauge.co.uk/chargesize.html

Tony

True, nothing in life is straightforward or simple, I was just trying to give a picture of things as a rough guide. I do think a realistic mental picture is vital for understanding the principles of things rather than just relying on formulas etc even though they are the basis of that picture.

If you get my drift :)

Edited by nb Innisfree