Television

jollyroger

Featured Posts

Amicus

That is so naughty :(

I've had a TV here (and a License) for about four years, before that there was no TV here for 15 or 18 years, (I did and still think it a total waste of time)

During those years with no TV the amount and intensity of the hate mail I got from the license people was hilarious. Oiks outside waving antennae about, trying catch me out, bloody muppets.

It would have been more economical for those prats to have bought a license for this address themselves.

Since those days I’ve considered those numpties to be fair game

I've had a TV here (and a License) for about four years, before that there was no TV here for 15 or 18 years, (I did and still think it a total waste of time)

During those years with no TV the amount and intensity of the hate mail I got from the license people was hilarious. Oiks outside waving antennae about, trying catch me out, bloody muppets.

It would have been more economical for those prats to have bought a license for this address themselves.

Since those days I’ve considered those numpties to be fair game

quite. I had no TV for years either and the TV licensing people treated me like a criminal. Their attitude is such that they deserve shit in return.

Sod em, dream up an address :(

Yep, thats what i'd do.

During those years with no TV the amount and intensity of the hate mail I got from the license people was hilarious.

Yeah, we get mail-bombed at uni too. - Twice so far since ive been here!

Its really funny, becuase they dont have names/address of the current students, So instead they send them to the names/address of everyone who's has had a TV liecence at the uni address in the past!

- So there sending them all the law abilding people who done live here anymore.

They all arrive on the same day, so you walk into post room the next day, and scattered on the floor under the racks of pigeon boxes are hundreds of the stupid things!!

- We get the same with flyers, people go in, and dump 5/10 in every pigion box, and the next day the floor is a sea of flyers becuase everyone just gets pissed-off flicking though a sea of spam to look for there mail!

Daniel

I've had a TV here (and a License) for about four years, before that there was no TV here for 15 or 18 years, (I did and still think it a total waste of time) Edited Quote.

I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book. --Groucho Marx.

Edited by Guest

Yeah, i dont have a TV at uni, although my PC has a TV card i used at home, i done have a aerial/booster, so i dont use it.

Mind you i didnt much at home eather, no more than 2hours a week on average.

- Topgear in the back ground, or some of scrapheap chalenge's

- And i might have made and effort to catch some of the canal prog's on atm. But other than that.

Daniel

Yeah, i dont have a TV at uni, although my PC has a TV card i used at home, i done have a aerial/booster, so i dont use it.

Mind you i didnt much at home eather, no more than 2hours a week on average.

- Topgear in the back ground, or some of scrapheap chalenge's

- And i might have made and effort to catch some of the canal prog's on atm. But other than that.

Daniel

I must confess to watching Scrapheap, I like the ingenuity used. There are still some good things on that are genuinely educational and cultural, but Big Brother and such like, it is "shoot me now" time I'm afraid. There are four or five tellies in our house blasting forth this rot, then people wonder why I go to the bloody boat so much!