Repairing Paloma Geyser

Featured Posts

Some part of our Paloma Geyser split in the freeze last winter. Does anyone know someone who can repair Palomas in the Oxford area?

Thanks,

Jon

DEpending what model you have, parts can vary from being rare to practically non existent. There is a guy who advertises on ebay for exchange units and he does a very good job on the replacements. They are about £150 from memory. After that, its an easy job to swap them over (although you do need to be proficient with gas fittings), if you are not, call in someone who is.

When that happened to mine, getting the parts was such a nightmare I ended up fitting a new Morco. Didn't like it as much though.

Hmm I fitted a Rinnai in my boat instead of a Morco after a lot of deliberation. I wish I'd fitted a Morco now. It's becoming clear Rinnais are a bundle of trouble as they grow older. I get a steady trickle of calls to fix them now, but none ever for Morcos.

Next time I'll fit a Paloma, assuming I can track one down.

Mike

Hmm I fitted a Rinnai in my boat instead of a Morco after a lot of deliberation. I wish I'd fitted a Morco now. It's becoming clear Rinnais are a bundle of trouble as they grow older. I get a steady trickle of calls to fix them now, but none ever for Morcos.

Next time I'll fit a Paloma, assuming I can track one down.

Mike

What do you think of Vaillant water heaters for boats Mike? I've had experience with one and it seemed very good, and I was very impressed when we had a Vaillant domestic boiler at home.

Edited by Chertsey

What do you think of Vaillant water heaters for boats Mike? I've had experience with one and it seemed very good, and I was very impressed when we had a Vaillant domestic boiler at home.

Apologies for my delay in replying, I've only just noticed your question!

As far as I know Vaillant have not made water heaters for boats or caravans for yonks. Five at least, maybe more. A quick scan through the Vaillant website reveals no instantaneous water heaters of any description in current production. I've heard them mentioned occasionally (usually by someone saying they can't get spares) but I've never encountered one 'in the wild' so to speak. Maybe the Vaillants here have been imported from France... What model Vaillant water heater do you have experience of and how old is it? Does it belong to a forum member?

So you have a Vaillant domestic boiler at home eh?! And there was me thinking you were died-in-the-wool boat dwellers and lived on Chertsey now Warrior is up for sale ;-)

Mike

Every year I try a new way of draining the damned boiler, and every year it's split by frost and I have to repair it. The repair is an easy enough soldering job, they tend to split in accessible places. Next winter I'm going to take both damned pipes off it. :angry:

Most instantaneous water heaters have a drain cock which needs to be opened in addition to turning OFF the water supply, to drain the water from the heat exchanger. Are you doing this?

If you are going to disconnect BOTH water pipes you may as well remove the whole appliance, take it home and keep it in the kitchen...

Which make and model heater do you have?

Mike

Most instantaneous water heaters have a drain cock which needs to be opened in addition to turning OFF the water supply, to drain the water from the heat exchanger. Are you doing this? Yes.

If you are going to disconnect BOTH water pipes you may as well remove the whole appliance, take it home and keep it in the kitchen...

Which make and model heater do you have? It's a Paloma but can't remember the model.

Mike