Kings Bromley Marina

NB Lola

Featured Posts

Hi

I am looking out for a different marina so I can explore more of the system/ see different places. I am at Willington (which we love)

I have just visited Kings Bromley and it looked ok for what I need, being:-

Reasonably secure

Quiet

Accessible within an hour of Beeston, Notts.

Not river based.

I have also looked at Pilings Lock but I want a full length pontoon.

Looked at Aston, nice but a bit like a ghost town last time I looked

Nottingham/Beeston Marinas are too close to home. So are Shardlow and Sawley.

However, the best way to find out what a Marina is like is to ask you good folk, hence this post.

Views?

We are moored at Kings Bromley and will stay there for much longer than we planned. Very quiet and friendly marina and no pub / restaurant / Midland chandlers / yobs / traffic etc. It depends what you are looking for.

Nice cycle ride to Fradley along the towpath if you need a pub. Also short drive to Lichfield which continues to impress us. Plenty of cruising options and being close to Fradley you can get though in the evening or early morning when it is quiet.

Only downside is that it is not close to a bus route for getting back to the car.

Paul

We are moored at Kings Bromley and will stay there for much longer than we planned. Very quiet and friendly marina and no pub / restaurant / Midland chandlers / yobs / traffic etc. It depends what you are looking for.

Nice cycle ride to Fradley along the towpath if you need a pub. Also short drive to Lichfield which continues to impress us. Plenty of cruising options and being close to Fradley you can get though in the evening or early morning when it is quiet.

Only downside is that it is not close to a bus route for getting back to the car.

Paul

Agreed. We have been at Kings Bromley for nearly 2 years now, having previously been at Pillings.

There's not many full length moorings at Pillings, but they do come up now & again. You have got the cafe/bar there but that also means less security & more noise.

Also, although just off the river, you can't go very far when the Soar is in flood.

Kings Bromley -- quiet, friendly & secure. The only noise really is from old farmer Giles -- bird scarers this time of the year & a generator when it's dry to irrigate the land --- he doesn't turn it off at 8pm!

You've also got Barton Turns, another lively one, but perhaps a bit close to be a change for you.

Hi

I am looking out for a different marina so I can explore more of the system/ see different places. I am at Willington (which we love)

I have to admit I'm a tad surprised at your proposed choice - not a slur on Kings Bromley at all - it looked nice enough when we passed last October, rather the fact it's within just a few days striking distance of Mercia.

To me that doesn't constitute being a different part of the system....

I have to admit I'm a tad surprised at your proposed choice - not a slur on Kings Bromley at all - it looked nice enough when we passed last October, rather the fact it's within just a few days striking distance of Mercia.

To me that doesn't constitute being a different part of the system....

Maybe the OP does a lot of weekend cruising, goes to boat Friday night and home Sunday night. That would then make good sence to be within an hour of home and still have different cruising grounds from last year.

Maybe the OP does a lot of weekend cruising, goes to boat Friday night and home Sunday night. That would then make good sence to be within an hour of home and still have different cruising grounds from last year.

A bit like us then...

- but if I was looking for 'a new part of the system' to cruise I'd be going further afield..