7k travelpack [sort of selling]

signwriter

Featured Posts

..Hi All I have just removed a 7k travel pack from my boat ,it works with no problems .with two outlet sockets on the back three and a half k each ..does anyone have any idea what these are worth or possibly a web site that I could research the value of this please

Ebay will tell you to the precise penny what it is worth because quite simply you will get the best offer in the uk that is out there.............. They are great bits of kit why did you remove it ? and what engine was it fitted to, I may know someone who wants one or throw it in my spares bin just in case mine goes tits up....... :mellow:

Ebay will tell you to the precise penny what it is worth because quite simply you will get the best offer in the uk that is out there.............. They are great bits of kit why did you remove it ? and what engine was it fitted to, I may know someone who wants one or throw it in my spares bin just in case mine goes tits up....... :mellow:

It was fitted to my bmc 1.5 engine and I am going in a different direction with power supply,,if I can access another engine mount I might be persuaded to part with the mounting plate which includes the tensioner for the belt ,this of course is to fit[ without mods] to a bmc

It was fitted to my bmc 1.5 engine and I am going in a different direction with power supply,,if I can access another engine mount I might be persuaded to part with the mounting plate which includes the tensioner for the belt ,this of course is to fit[ without mods] to a bmc

If you do decide to sell, please let me know, i have a 1500 bmc in my boat and am sure i could find room for it!!!

Rick

Interesting! Never heard of it before - and neither has Google! So it only produces 240v when the engine is running? Wouldn't an inverter be more useful?

Both would be useful together but for different reason. When running the engine anyway, use it for high power consumption items like washing machines, dishwashers, hair driers and irons. Use the battery bank and inverter for low power consumption items like TV, sewing machine, keyboard, etc.

However, I believe that using as much kit that runs on 12v is best, so when using my TV, PC, and CPAP machine, I use 12 v

K

Interesting! Never heard of it before - and neither has Google! So it only produces 240v when the engine is running? Wouldn't an inverter be more useful?

The travel power enables you to run washing machine etc whilst cruising and still put full charge into batteries at same time wheras if u use inverter on a large load lots of alternator power goes in just to run the inverter. They were fitted by Beta as a package for years, maybe still are ? I think its the best bit of kit available to a narrowboater also much cheaperb than a stand alone generator and gives power whilst cruising from one dose of diesel. :)