Wall Mount TV

Featured Posts

Hi,

Has anyone mounted a LED TV on the wall of their boat, have you just screwed the TV mount to the ply or did you have to add extra batons behind the ply to take the weight?

Ta

Peter

Hi, same question, but was thinking of swivel bracket thingy. Can't just put that to ply, don't think.

Hi, same question, but was thinking of swivel bracket thingy. Can't just put that to ply, don't think.

Yep - 24" on a swinging bracket, into 8mm ply. No extra battening, just screws with damned big ridges. Didn't quite believe it would hold, but it's fine.

--

Dave

Hi,

Has anyone mounted a LED TV on the wall of their boat, have you just screwed the TV mount to the ply or did you have to add extra batons behind the ply to take the weight?

Ta

Peter

I mounted a 15" tv and found that the T&G held the mount securely. I didn't leave it there long though because I got neck ache watching at the height it was and I soon put it back on the corner unit. Wall mounting at a height that meant it wasn't in the way was not ergonomic.

Depends upon size and how well the ply is fastened up!

Mine was only a small one ~22", but it held on the T&G no problem, my centres are about 18" apart.

Only problem I had (as I wanted to swing it against the side of the boat when not in use) is I had to remove all the clip on plastic covers so I could swivel it in the vertical plane as well!