Outside tap

sbillis

Featured Posts

My boat is moored under trees and washing it down takes a long time with lifting buckets of canal water up on a rope. I thought an outside tap and a hose would be useful to wash my boat with, after all it's what some people do at the water points :)

Simon

nb Bulrush

Hi

You do not need a outside tap for cold water.Thats what the canals for!.

Instead install a outside tap for hot water.

If you want cold water via hosepipe instead of lifting buckets

out the canal install a submersable pump hung on a chain from under you

mooring. Great pressure via 1 inch hose

(machine mart)

Glenn

Edited by Glennbrown

If you want cold water via hosepipe instead of lifting buckets

out the canal install a submersable pump hung on a chain from under you

mooring. Great pressure via 1 inch hose

yeah, we used to have a old bilge pump that we used to use for that

- but thats got lost, so now i just dip the mop into the canal and use that

daniel

• 3 months later...
Guest st170dw
I was wondering if anyone has an outside tap fitted to their boat. I have opften felt would be a useful addition for washing down etc. Any pitfalls to fitting one ?

Simon Billis

nb Bulrush

A brilliant idea but.......

Might it not freeze very easily in cold weather. You try it because if it works for a year I will follow!

Dave

Potable water is far too valuable for washing boats with.

We spend so much time filling our water tank in the course of a week, it really made us conscious of how much water we wasted when we lived ashore.

We just use a mop in the cut or wash using a bucket of hot and car wash stuff and then rinse with cut-water.

Best Regards

Mark

NB Willawaw

Sutton Bridge, Culham, R.Thames :D

Ditto (see my post above)

Daniel

My boat is moored under trees and during the winter and spring time gets covered with sticky goo. I have to use buckets of water lifted from the canal. This is quite hazardous whilst standing on a wet roof. It seems quite sensible to use a short hose from an outside tap.

Simon

nb Bulrush

Fair enough. I think Daniels' and our use is slightly different to your requirements.

Different strokes for different folks !

My boat is moored under trees and during the winter and spring time gets covered with sticky goo. I have to use buckets of water lifted from the canal. This is quite hazardous whilst standing on a wet roof. It seems quite sensible to use a short hose from an outside tap.

Simon

nb Bulrush

OUTSIDE TAP ! .........Sweet baby Jesus !

why dont you tow a butty filled with topsoil, and put a lawn , shed , and patio on it ? .......... Must go , the vicars coming round for sherry.

This is true, last August I was down at the Dundas Aqueduct, some of you may remember I mentioned helping a young lady through a swing bridge.

Well there was a boat moored on the opposite side of the A/duct to the SCC with a turf roof. No kidding the whole roof was covered in trimmed lawn!