Anti siphon device

jonk

Featured Posts

• 2 weeks later...

Horses for courses but without seeing your filler, the solution can be much cheaper and effective. Our filler and vent are on the stern and are two pipes standing either side of the tiller..

We welded a small bracket on the cap of each with a hole drilled in each bracket and fashioned a steel bar to fit between the 2 stems with a hole drilled in each end. Two padlocks from B and Q and job is done..

I think the only way we could be siphoned (again) is by someone with bolt croppers, which most opportunist would not carry...

It Looks a good piece of kit and fuel prices are only going one way..

Horses for courses but without seeing your filler, the solution can be much cheaper and effective. Our filler and vent are on the stern and are two pipes standing either side of the tiller..

We welded a small bracket on the cap of each with a hole drilled in each bracket and fashioned a steel bar to fit between the 2 stems with a hole drilled in each end. Two padlocks from B and Q and job is done..

I think the only way we could be siphoned (again) is by someone with bolt croppers, which most opportunist would not carry...

It Looks a good piece of kit and fuel prices are only going one way..

Hi.

Anybody got any experiance of those Vetus anti syphon inserts?

John

Do they make them for narrow boats? I have seen the ones advertised for ocean going craft..

It seems that there are lots of options out there at the moment.

The heath Robinson home-made versions can be good, at the right price but it really depends on your filler cap (and vent)

Edit..You mean this?

http://www.vetus-shop.com/fuel-theft-security-device-for-hose-id-and216-38-and-51mm-p-1799.html

Edited by sam pig

Do they make them for narrow boats? I have seen the ones advertised for ocean going craft..

It seems that there are lots of options out there at the moment.

The heath Robinson home-made versions can be good, at the right price but it really depends on your filler cap (and vent)

Edit..You mean this?

http://www.vetus-shop.com/fuel-theft-security-device-for-hose-id-and216-38-and-51mm-p-1799.html

That's the jobby i was thinking of. Thanks. Any thoughts?

John.

Edited by johnmck

My first thought was could the scrote not just pull it out of the filler stem? (I have not read all the info on it yet)..

Does it have to be removed to take on fuel?

The price seems good compared to some of the other options on the market..

There are a couple on e-bay delivered for around 23 quid

Not a lot of use in most narrowboats as they don't normally have necks in the tanks.

I was just thinking that, ours just has a 1 3/4" threaded section welded onto the top surface of the tank.

My security system (or lack off!) is I bollock up the cap with my Stilsons.