Something a bit different on e-Bay.

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

Linky

Come on Alan you know you want to!

An interesting characterful historic boat. I wonder what the BSC and boiler inspectiion people would have to say though.

I don't know where the built at Braunston bit comes from - from the hull shape and the fact it is named after a bird I suspect it is an ex-Ernie Thomas hire boat from the early 60s. Presumably the owner never fulfilled his dream of covering the whole system - if it took him two and half months to get from Aynho from Oxford that would probably be quite ambitious for a 70yr old.

Paul

Edited by Paul H

I don't know where the built at Braunston bit comes from - from the hull shape and the fact it is named after a bird I suspect it is an ex-Ernie Thomas hire boat from the early 60s.

I agree.

That hull was no more built in Braunston than the Ark Royal.

Lovely boat, though I'd dump the engine.

I'm not sure the vendor understands the Ebay system because, at the moment, that 99p is a legally binding bid.

I agree.

That hull was no more built in Braunston than the Ark Royal.

Lovely boat, though I'd dump the engine.

I'm not sure the vendor understands the Ebay system because, at the moment, that 99p is a legally binding bid.

He's probably got someone to bid what he wants for it but it will only bid as high as it needs to beat the next lowest bid so at the start as no one else has bid it will bid the lowest possible...99p. He's some boy as we say round here, doesnt give a jot and good luck to him, I like the motorbike just tucked in the back under a sheet! I piece of wood every thirty seconds, defeats the supposed relaxed nature of cruising and the gentle purr of the steam engine. How he manages to feed the boiler and steer at the rate of one piece of wood every thirty seconds doesnt add up but>>> He's the kind of guy who's anecdotes get better each time he tells them :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I don't understand why he wants to do another steam project, he seems perfectly happy on this boat that he knows from A to Z having done an extensive rebuilding of the whole boat. But I do wish him the best of luck selling this boat for a price he's happy with.

Peter.

I don't understand why he wants to do another steam project, he seems perfectly happy on this boat that he knows from A to Z having done an extensive rebuilding of the whole boat. But I do wish him the best of luck selling this boat for a price he's happy with.

Peter.

I suspect that "UPRIGHT SCOTSMAN BOILER(REQUIRES RE TUBE)" is likely to cost 'an arm & a leg'

Perhaps that's the motive for sale? :unsure: