Coal Buckets

Chagall

Featured Posts

Jack adores the stove, his bed is just 2' away but more often than not he steals my big comfy chair ...until I need it. I love my boat in Winter!

snipped

Yep, our old whippet cross is very reluctant to go out in the cold, even for essential purposes, and huddles against the radiators all the time in this weather unless we light the gas fire whereupon she shoots over to it and lies there gently toasting. It was the same with the Squirrel stove on Albion. They just love their warmth.

Roger

and because the canal froze I now have a sparkly stuffed penguin sat on the very bow, the bit that curves up, and Im hoping somebody will tell me what that is called?

I'm not sure there is a bit on a penguin that curves up, I suppose his beak could if he was looking up in the air. :P

I think the curved bit at the front of the boat is called the stem.

Oh, and the penguin if probably called Cedric, most of them are (even the girly ones).

Edited by Bill

Jack adores the stove, his bed is just 2' away but more often than not he steals my big comfy chair ...until I need it. I love my boat in Winter!

I put all the Christmas lights onto the whole outline of the boat and round all the windows, snowing style icicles all round the bow nearly touching the canal, and a net of lights over the whole cratch cover...with lights round the stern and berry lights round the hatch and back doors it all looks magical!

and because the canal froze I now have a sparkly stuffed penguin sat on the very bow, the bit that curves up, and Im hoping somebody will tell me what that is called?

when I switched the lights on for the first time, all the local ducks and swans raced over and had a bit of a confab, chittering and tutting amongst themselves for ages...most amusing.

Would love to see a piccy of your boat in lights :-)

Would love to see a piccy of your boat in lights :-)

So would I!...I did try but it didn't work very well, I couldn't use flash at night and if I didn't use flash it was totally out of focus. My son is coming to stay for Christmas and he is bringing his SLR and his Phd and whatever other letters he can find along with a tripod to hold them all steady!......as soon as I have good pictures Ill post them. But thanks for your interest, it does look lovely and Im really hoping the local professional photographer spots it to add to his 'local scenes' ;)

Edited by Chagall

• 2 weeks later...

On the subject of coal buckets & not too far off topic I hope :

what do folks do with coal dust?

my buckets gained about 2" in the bottom & I'm pretty sure chucking it on my fire would see it land in the dust pan

time for me to make some 50/50 paper mache brickettes?

or is it worth waiting till i've half a bucket to chuck it in the big bin?