Best value LCD TV under £200?

ThePiglet

Featured Posts

Has anybody tried one off these?

Amazon link, other suppliers are available

I have one of those at the moment Luctor (twin tuner Hauppauge), excellent results even on a low power notebook. Could do with a better aerial though.

PFU: I did wonder at 2mm if you were talking about a projector, that's cheating :P

I'll dig out the specs, but it manages to make a Sky HD feed look bad!

Edited by ThePiglet

Hi,

I've just bought a 19" LCD TV/DVD Combo with iPod dock, it runs off either 12v DC or 230v AC, the make is Teinuro.

I bought it off Mr. LCD for £190.00, including 9 - 30 voltage stabiliser / surge protector and free delivery

clicky

The same unit is sold at outdoor GB for £330.00 + delivery!

Both the picture and sound quality is very good

Rob

clicky

Hi,

I've just bought a 19" LCD TV/DVD Combo with iPod dock, it runs off either 12v DC or 230v AC, the make is Teinuro.

I bought it off Mr. LCD for £190.00, including 9 - 30 voltage stabiliser / surge protector and free delivery

clicky

The same unit is sold at outdoor GB for £330.00 + delivery!

Both the picture and sound quality is very good

Rob

clicky

specs of above

Teinuro HD Ready Super High Resolution 1440 x 900 Widescreen LCD TV

This Set Has a Top Quality Panel With 1000:1 Contrast and 1.3ms Response

and no mention of one of the most important things... power consumption :unsure:

1440x900 super high? lol nothing comes in that res so its upscaling or downscaling to suit.

1000:1 contrast is really lame these days (mines 2million:1 native and 16million:1 dynamic)

1.3ms response is ok though :)

I would not buy without finding out power consumption.

specs of above

Teinuro HD Ready Super High Resolution 1440 x 900 Widescreen LCD TV

This Set Has a Top Quality Panel With 1000:1 Contrast and 1.3ms Response

and no mention of one of the most important things... power consumption :unsure:

1440x900 super high? lol nothing comes in that res so its upscaling or downscaling to suit.

1000:1 contrast is really lame these days (mines 2million:1 native and 16million:1 dynamic)

1.3ms response is ok though :)

I would not buy without finding out power consumption.

Sorry,

I forgot to mention the power consumption, according to the manual, it's 4amp, the voltage stabiliser is rated at 5amp

on a 19" LCD TV, does it really matter if its up or down scaling?

Rob

• 3 weeks later...

I have just replaced my 15" Mikomi 240v analogue TV (its 12v but has 240>12 adapter) with a Samsung P2470HD, stunning picture and sound but it does seem big after the 15".

Just got to find someone that wants a 15" analogue LCD TV c/w wall mount and stand.

We bought a 15.4 inch Meos when we bought NC. We are now on the third one but the company we bought it from have never argued about replacing them. The Meos has built in DVD and Freeview and is powered from 12V by a cigerette lighter socket attachment. We very rarely use it but it is there should we want to watch it.