Jade needs her bottom blacked

Water Rat.

Featured Posts

So far I have two quotes, Blissworth at £399 and Braunston for about £300, both inc vat. Any recomendations in the Tring area?

Probably one for you Alan.

Darren at Cowroast always does a good job for me - it's under cover as well.

Leo

Not sure what you will find with such a short boat, TBH.

Some charge purely "by the metre", but may surcharge if under a certain length. Others like Grebe have a standard pulling in/ pulling out charge, then price by the metre on top of that - could work out more for a small boat.

Certainly Darren at Cow Roast used to have a pricing scheme that made a 51 foot boat bizarrely cheaper than a 49 foot one.

He doesn't come cheap, unless you get a discount, but enquiries I made of Bates Boatyard (Bulbourne Dry Dock) were no cheaper, and he re-waters them very rapidly, unless you pay extra for additional drying off days, at which point costs mount substantially, (costs far more for a boat to occupy Bates dock for a day, than to stand outside on Grebe's slip, for example - a lot more).

You do need to check how many coats you are being quoted for. By default Cow Roast and Bates are only two, whereas Grebe, just around the corner, claim three.

I'm not impressed with International Intertuf blacking, which is what Darren uses. This time I've just tried Rylards Rytex, but will be some months before I can tell you if it stays on better.

So far I have two quotes, Blissworth at £399 and Braunston for about £300, both inc vat. Any recomendations in the Tring area?

Probably one for you Alan.

Don't know how long your boat is - In case it's of interest I just had my boat done at Union Canal Carriers at Braunston, cost £6 per foot, provided you don't want to pay be card!

Peter