Thames Experience Required

Old Son

Featured Posts

I would be happy to offer my services as crew for any boats making a round trip of the tidal Thames. I have read a lot about navigating Limehouse Lock, the trip down to the barrier in a NB etc. and would like to experiene this for myself. Could be available at quite short notice. Thanks :captain:

• 5 months later...

I would be happy to offer my services as crew for any boats making a round trip of the tidal Thames. I have read a lot about navigating Limehouse Lock, the trip down to the barrier in a NB etc. and would like to experiene this for myself. Could be available at quite short notice. Thanks :captain:

Good idea owld lad, the simple ideas are usually the best, keep this thread going or let us know how you get on when you finish various adventures on the "Big Water" :)

I was lucky enough to join one of the boats on a trip from St Pancras to George V lock recently. St Pancras crusing club had organised the trip to visit the boat show and about 8 narrow boats joined in. My first experience on the Thames and I really enjoyed it. It was a nice day and the water was like a mill pond. I am hoping I get a call to join a trip from Limehouse to Brentford or Teddington.

All good experience for me in preperation for whenI am able to take my own boat.

If anybody would like some help please drop me a pm and I'm sure I could sort something out.

That is a shame. I have just booked to launch my boat on 23rd March. I will be moored at Roydon and so will want to use the Thames from time to time. I really want to learn the pitfalls and more importantly, how to avoid them. I will be booking my VHF radio course soon.

I was lucky enough to join one of the boats on a trip from St Pancras to George V lock recently. St Pancras crusing club had organised the trip to visit the boat show and about 8 narrow boats joined in. My first experience on the Thames and I really enjoyed it. It was a nice day and the water was like a mill pond. I am hoping I get a call to join a trip from Limehouse to Brentford or Teddington.

All good experience for me in preperation for whenI am able to take my own boat.

If anybody would like some help please drop me a pm and I'm sure I could sort something out.

SPCC are organising tidal trips on 22nd April (From Limehouse, 7th May (Thames Barrier and back) and 8th May (Limehouse to Brentford/Teddington)

Tim