12v fridge again !

Nb Unity

Featured Posts

Further to my post on 12v fridges ... we have had the fridge checked out and itl now run on all 3 , we have the" outlet fitting "

already in the boat but need a pipe from the fridge to go into the outlet now but does anyone know what we need to buy and where from ? were in the manchester area , wel be using the gas

Thanks , Trish

Edited by Nb Unity

When I threw mine out a year or two back it was just a piece of galvanised tin fashioned into a kind of upside-down funnel. It sort-of captured the fumes from the pilot light and directed them loosely to the over-sized skin fitting.

However I have no idea if that was a bodge or the 'standard' way of doing it.

Tony

Further to my post on 12v fridges ... we have had the fridge checked out and itl now run on all 3 , we have the" outlet fitting "

already in the boat but need a pipe from the fridge to go into the outlet now but does anyone know what we need to buy and where from ? were in the manchester area , wel be using the gas

Thanks , Trish

The factory supplied outlet fitting I have seen were in the form of a capital T with the cross bar at an angle (sort of italic but with an upright stem. The stem fitted over the small flue outlet on the fridge. The lower side of the crossbar was of a smaller diameter and was, I think, a back draught diverter. The upper end of the T was larger and slid onto or into the pipe leading up hill to the skin fitting.

With access to the correct sized pipe and the ability to silver solder would make it possible to make one.

The factory supplied outlet fitting I have seen were in the form of a capital T...

So mine was a bodge then... figured so.

Now I'm even more glad I got rid of the thing.

Tony