Replacement 12v bulbs - where can I get them?

plainsman

Featured Posts

Try you local caravan/moterhome outlet, ours atleast stocks quite a range if 12v bulbs (we where looking for a 24v compact flourecent)

- Or try a decent marina

Otherwise, these people have them linky

- Found them at the preston brook rally, they said they could get us a 24v CFL [note to self, must ring about that]

Daniel

Can anyone identify a source for 12v golf ball type bulbs with standard BC fitting?

Alex

If you don't mind paying a bit extra, you can also get them with small halogen bulbs inside. Many chandleries sell them. They give off much more light, or you can get away with lower power for the same amount of light.

Allan

We tend to buy spare bulbs in bulk from Maplin by mail order (www.maplin.co.uk).

They have twin packs of golf ball bulbs with the bayonet cap fitting at £1.29 for 2.

They do 25W, 40W or 60W.

Mark

Can anyone identify a source for 12v golf ball type bulbs with standard BC fitting?

Alex

• 2 weeks later...

We can supply BC (or Ba22d) bulbs for 12 volt lights at 12w or 36w for £1.66 or £1.77 respectively.

With Halogen filaments inside, we have 10w and 20w for £4.95 - these give a lot more light and last a lot longer, hence the higher price.

These can be sent mail order to anyone who cannot get to us (Northamptonshire)

Yes, we also have BC fitting Compact Fluorescent Lights available, but to order as we don't sell many. They cost £16.50 each, are 11 watt and can be 12 volt or 24 volt.

Great, i maybe yet give you a call. (i think thats pirtty much eaxclty the same price lesurepower quoted)

I assume you mean Compact Fluorescent Lamp. All fluorescent run at typ. 100 volts a/c they need control gear to make them work.

Yes i do, and i realise that, however they must have diffrent control gear depening on what voltage they are deisgned to run on. (the cfl's have the controlgear/ballast in the base, between the lamp fitting and the tube)

Daniel