new pontoons at albert dock

gaggle

Featured Posts

Maybe they are investing some money , i suppose such an event will need more than just a few more pontoons , a lot of negative comments came when they announced the building of the link even though it cost little to licence payers and the link is proving that it can attract visitors.

When you look at the link and the docks that bw got for next to nothing £500,000 is not much , we just need BW to shape up and make the visit to the link easier , i am sure the berths could be filled , i for one would be happy to go and moor down there once a month but all the booking palavar prevents this.

Ah, so the (nebulous and speculative) £40m requires the investment of more than the half a million that made it SUCH a good idea!

Yes, BW got the docks for next to nothing, but the normal rule of thumb with extending the navigable network is that BW doesn't want anything unless it comes with a dowry that will cover all the costs that BW are going to incur over the next century.

Splashing out half a million here is not going to generate half a million in income for BW, and it isn't essential maintenance.

It rather looks like a bit of back scratching going on using public money.

Maybe they are investing some money , i suppose such an event will need more than just a few more pontoons , a lot of negative comments came when they announced the building of the link even though it cost little to licence payers and the link is proving that it can attract visitors.

When you look at the link and the docks that bw got for next to nothing £500,000 is not much , we just need BW to shape up and make the visit to the link easier , i am sure the berths could be filled , i for one would be happy to go and moor down there once a month but all the booking palavar prevents this.

The booking palavar you speak of is not for BW but for Mersey Dock and Harbour Board (Peel Holdings) they are the ones that insist on see insurance details and knowing exactly all your details.

The booking palavar you speak of is not for BW but for Mersey Dock and Harbour Board (Peel Holdings) they are the ones that insist on see insurance details and knowing exactly all your details.

Can the forms be downloaded , are the available dates to go in and out online , can bw at wigan tell you the dates on the phone , i find it easier to drive up to wigan and find out if i can go asap or whenever rather than deal with them on the phone and then wait for the postman to bring the forms.

Phone and ask if such a date is available and the normal answer is that , well it changes daily so we cant say , a click on a keyboard could surely tell them what is available while you are on the phone and you could then claim that place and if you cancel or dont turn up you lose a tenner.

This pirate event going on at the weekend i have recently heard about , boats local to here could attend but the rigmorole prevents this happening , bw office at the albert dock has staff that could look at documents required and check slots are available to allow this but dont , to me bw dont show that they want more visitors on boats or at least make much effort to make it easier.

I was refused passage into eldonian village last year because bw at wigan took the view that the six boats per day through the link really meant six boats a day only could proceed past bridge 9.

I wonder who will pay for everthing else besides the pontoons , liverpool council tax payers will i am sure not get away without some kind of finiancal cost.

Can the forms be downloaded , are the available dates to go in and out online , can bw at wigan tell you the dates on the phone , i find it easier to drive up to wigan and find out if i can go asap or whenever rather than deal with them on the phone and then wait for the postman to bring the forms.

Phone and ask if such a date is available and the normal answer is that , well it changes daily so we cant say , a click on a keyboard could surely tell them what is available while you are on the phone and you could then claim that place and if you cancel or dont turn up you lose a tenner.

This pirate event going on at the weekend i have recently heard about , boats local to here could attend but the rigmorole prevents this happening , bw office at the albert dock has staff that could look at documents required and check slots are available to allow this but dont , to me bw dont show that they want more visitors on boats or at least make much effort to make it easier.

I was refused passage into eldonian village last year because bw at wigan took the view that the six boats per day through the link really meant six boats a day only could proceed past bridge 9.

I wonder who will pay for everthing else besides the pontoons , liverpool council tax payers will i am sure not get away without some kind of finiancal cost.

I am not trying to argue with you. When I booked last October I phoned Wigan made the booking on the phone, they sent me the forms via email, I filled them in and returned them by post keeping copies in case they went astray. What I was saying was the need for the forms was for the Benefit of Mersey Dock and Harbour Board not BW as BW already had my insurance details. You implied on your earlier post that it was BW that needed the palava as you called it. If I read your post wrong then I apologise.

No apology needed, i seen nothing wrong in your reply.

Done the link 4 or maybe five times and always had to wait for postman to bring forms and they have never once told me on the phone what dates are available , what date do you want they ask and being so near i say i can go tomorrow if it suits you or just tell me when the first available slot is that suits bw and i can be there at bridge nine but the response has always been , things change daily.

Last time i got extra sets of booking forms.

Just waiting now for wigan to phone me back , they told me ten minutes ago that no boats are allowed to pass bridge 9 unless they are going down the link , the same story they gave out last year and later apologised for as they said they were wrong to refuse me passage.

rigmorole ,palaver, call it what you will but bw wigan need to start shaping up.

I hope some elsan disposal facilities are put in. The nearest on the Rufford arm didn't work.

Sue

Elsan is now behind the slipway pub down the side road to the back not through beer garden , elsan only no water.

I hope some elsan disposal facilities are put in. The nearest on the Rufford arm didn't work.

Sue

Hi Sue

Think this has been done before. The one at the top of Rufford Arm has not worked for years, but going in the direction of Liverpool there is one just a bit further on by the bridge. I agree the only down side to Liverpool was no Elsan.

Edited by cotswoldsman

The slipway pub is first swingbridge after burscough bridge heading in to liverpool ,it is a temporary thing until the burscough facility block is rebuilt , then you have litherland elsan and not

known to many the toilets in the albert dock can be used if you enquire to the person who looks after them , not quite sure if a grid is lifted , i was told this by a very reliable source who had just left the dock.

• 5 months later...

Voice of the waterways , a little rant about cost of pontoons in which the queer fella seems to think the pontoons are costing £120,000 , sure i sent press announcements stating cost of pontoons as £500,000 to other sites as well as this one , anyone know who i should believe as to the true cost of the pontoons ,which by the way are now all in place , so says the liverpool echo not so long ago.