Replies to PMs

MtB

Featured Posts

I've not used the PM system a great deal until recently so it's taken me a while to notice this problem.

If I reply to a PM, my reply seems to vanish into the ether once I press 'submit'. The recipient appears to receive it but my outbox does not record a copy. This means I can never check what I said, or if I sent it at all, or even if I sent it to who I thought I did!

A PM originated by me is saved in 'Sent Items', but never any replies I send by PM. Despite conducting several multi-post conversations by PM my 'Sent Items' box still only contains two sent items.

Are replies to PMs saved somewhere other than in the 'Sent Items' box, or are they lost forever once sent?

Is this how the PM system is intended to work or is it a bug?

Cheers, Mike

I've not used the PM system a great deal until recently so it's taken me a while to notice this problem.

If I reply to a PM, my reply seems to vanish into the ether once I press 'submit'. The recipient appears to receive it but my outbox does not record a copy. This means I can never check what I said, or if I sent it at all, or even if I sent it to who I thought I did!

A PM originated by me is saved in 'Sent Items', but never any replies I send by PM. Despite conducting several multi-post conversations by PM my 'Sent Items' box still only contains two sent items.

Are replies to PMs saved somewhere other than in the 'Sent Items' box, or are they lost forever once sent?

Cheers, Mike

If you reply to a PM there are tick boxes futher down the page before you send..

Add a copy of this message to my sent items folder

Track this message?

Gary

:lol:

Cheers, Mike

I find that I have no record of sent messages until I recieve a reply, then they overlap as long as a conversation continues, but havnt worked out how to save them independently, your last message is always lost if you are the last one in the conversation

As said, the saving of replies (any sent PM) is requires and opt-in process of ticking the 'Add a copy of this message to my sent items folder' box.

Daniel beat me to it...