Wiring question

Featured Posts

Question for those who know the BSS regs better than me.

One of these days I'll get around to re-wiring the high-power side of my leccy stuff.

To do this job I have some 75mm cable and it's black. I have a fair amount of red heat-shrink sleeving. Bearing in mind that the sleeving will make the lovely flexible cable (it's welding cable) much stiffer, I'm minded to only sleeve the last six inches or so with the red sleeving. Is this acceptable? Or should all positive cables be red for their entire length?

Ta in advance,

Tony

Hi Tony, my boat passed the BSS just before I bought it with Black battery cables on all batteries and the pos identified by red insulation tape wrapped around the cabe ends.

Thanks :lol: I guess that answers my question then unless anyone starts an argument :lol:

Thanks :lol: I guess that answers my question then unless anyone starts an argument :lol:

Nah, 's fine...

Identifiable would make sense, but I'm not even sure there's a rule covering identification of cables - lots about fixing, security, thickness etc...

:lol:

PC

Hi Tony, my boat passed the BSS just before I bought it with Black battery cables on all batteries and the pos identified by red insulation tape wrapped around the cabe ends.

Likewise.