Halcyon river diaries...

Featured Posts

Certainly did. Quitr suprised by the assertion that eels are an engandered species. The Shroppie round here seems to be full of them. Last week we saw an angler trying to remove one about 18" long off his hook, and a couple of years ago I spent quite a while watching a heron trying to swallow a two foot specimen; it had got the first half down its throat, but the other half insisted in tying itself in knots in a, probably vain, attempt to prevent it following the first half.

When they drain the pounds at Hurleston for maintenance, there are usually several large specimens writhing about in the mud.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is "BGT"?

Edited by dor

Certainly did. Quitr suprised by the assertion that eels are an engandered species. The Shroppie round here seems to be full of them. Last week we saw an angler trying to remove one about 18" long off his hook, and a couple of years ago I spent quite a while watching a heron trying to swallow a two foot specimen; it had got the first half down its throat, but the other half insisted in tying itself in knots in a, probably vain, attempt to prevent it following the first half.

When they drain the pounds at Hurleston for maintenance, there are usually several large specimens writhing about in the mud.

Blimmin Grotesque Telly

(Britain's got talent)

Britains Got Talent...

Ref the eels I think the extiction reference was to that particular river (Halcyon) wherever it is

- nice program though...