Longer Tug Decks

Featured Posts

Hi,

We just wondered if anyone could help us out with their opinions on longer tug decks?

Reason for asking is that we have bounced from a "normal" 70' boat down to 62' but could never really abandon the idea of a tug and having looked at it again recently we've found the layout to be more practical and better serving for (our requirements) for living aboard based on a 70' tug than anything else we've planned to date.

Split would be as follows:

Bow and gas locker 6'

Additional outside locker as part of tug deck 3'

Remainder of tug deck 9' for a total of 18' at the pointy end

The one and only Mr Hudson is showing a 67' tug at Crick this year which will be great for us but my guessing is that the tug deck and bow will total around 14' so maybe 18' on a 70' boat will be in proportion?

Appreciate any feedback, thanks.

Hi,

We just wondered if anyone could help us out with their opinions on longer tug decks?

Reason for asking is that we have bounced from a "normal" 70' boat down to 62' but could never really abandon the idea of a tug and having looked at it again recently we've found the layout to be more practical and better serving for (our requirements) for living aboard based on a 70' tug than anything else we've planned to date.

Bow and gas locker 6'

The one and only Mr Hudson is showing a 67' tug at Crick this year which will be great for us but my guessing is that the tug deck and bow will total around 14' so maybe 18' on a 70' boat will be in proportion?

my boat is an original tug from 1936 on the bcn. it has at least 18ft from the cabin to the forepeak on a 50ft overall length.

your design should look cool.

Hi,

Bow and gas locker 6'

I wish our deck was longer, we have even considered having 3 foot put in but are not sure its worth the upheaval