1 Saucer

4 Tablespoons cake flour

4 Tablespoons sugar

2 Tablespoons cocoa (proper stuff)

1 Egg

3 Tablespoons milk

3 Tablespoons oil

1 Mug

Instructions:In a mug mix flour, sugar and cocoa, add egg and mix. Add milk and oil and mix again very well.

Put in a microwave on full power until cake stops rising (about 3 minutes) and leave to set for a few minutes. Turn out into a suacer and eat - Add some cream for a delish. pud.

Ingredients:

1 Mug

1 Saucer

4 Tablespoons cake flour

4 Tablespoons sugar

2 Tablespoons cocoa (proper stuff)

1 Egg

3 Tablespoons milk

3 Tablespoons oil

1 Mug

Instructions:In a mug mix flour, sugar and cocoa, add egg and mix. Add milk and oil and mix again very well.

Put in a microwave on full power until cake stops rising (about 3 minutes) and leave to set for a few minutes. Turn out into a suacer and eat - Add some cream for a delish. pud.

serves one?

no calorie limits, then ! :lol:

When you say "Cake Flour" is that self raising?................ though to be honest I don't know why I'm asking I recently found out I have type two diabetes ..... blast! :lol:

Yes - Self raising is the stuff.

Daughter emailed the recipe to me - I think she has got it from an American blog - she has changed the U.S. 'cups' to spoons OK but not the flour type.

Liked the sound of this so made it for my son when he got back from Uni.

You have to try things first don't you, just to make sure, and I can confirm It's really lovely.

I can see me making this when we have unexpected visitors, very impressive, and no faff!

Richard thinks some chocolate chips might make it even better, might be over the top but I'll try that and report back.

Must remember to look on this pert of the forum more often. :lol:

Sue

I should probably add that for anyone silly, like me, cake flour means self-raising. I used plain flour, then realised what I'd done, so guessed the amounts of bacon powder and bicarb to put in, and I ended up with a very risen cake, put it that way.

Also, the bigger the mug the better. Can't wait to try it with cream :lol:

This is great, I'm doing a cookery session tomorrow with a group of homeless people, I was struggling for a pud idea until now! :lol:

You might like to have a look at the recipes on our website - www.realfoodworks.co.uk we do similar sessions and have a wide range of 'tried and tested' simple, inexpensive but delicious recipes - Enjoy :lol: David