I got my roof on today

Biggles

Featured Posts

hi kev hows the new toy ?. bob

Bob, have a look at the blog. I like it. Although I have just found out you don't need to go any darker than 4-5 with eye protection. Did wonder why I was struggling to see where I was going :lol:

Whats wrong with the good old gas cutting gear, a whole lot cheaper, bit of slag but if if you get the knack, which aint to hard, its quick, and easy for all shapes and thickness upto 2", not that anyone will have a 2" bottom.

wayne :lol:

because the heat input when you cut out the windows distorts those nice flat cabin sides .

Well, that one states it'll do 9mm mild steel - that's impressive.

Tony

thinking back, I guess I must have been using a 3.2mm nibbler (which are commonly available) and trying to cut up to 5mm with it.

because the heat input when you cut out the windows distorts those nice flat cabin sides .

thinking back, I guess I must have been using a 3.2mm nibbler (which are commonly available) and trying to cut up to 5mm with it.

True kida, forgot about that, but still would be ok for the floor and maybe hull sides depending on what thickness it be.

I got a plasma a while bac, one of those cheap china things, only about £300 but still the best thing i ever got, if i have the cash later next year i will get a real one if i get to build a boat.

wayne :lol: