Do Supermarkets deliver?

Mick and Maggie

Featured Posts

A fairly simple question - Do supermarkets such as Tesco do home deliveries to narrow-boats on the towpath/BW moorings/marina/etc. Do use their services?

Mick-n- Mags.

This is probably evaluated case by case by each supermarket, but in the past we have had our groceries delivered to a boat at the beginning of a hire-boat holiday

Richard

Tescos I think

A fairly simple question - Do supermarkets such as Tesco do home deliveries to narrow-boats on the towpath/BW moorings/marina/etc. Do use their services?

Mick-n- Mags.

Absolutely,

check Sue of No Problem's blog (click link) for 'how to' :lol:

Usually no problem. We used to get Tesco deliveries at our home moorings and they knew they had to ring when approaching the gate so someone could let them in. Never any problems

A supermarket once delivered to Stratford basin too when we were passing through and curries have arrived at various road/canal junctions around the system - as long as you give decent directions, a phone number and ask nicely it generally works well.

Our supermarker d,chicken d,lamb d,pork and i think they d,liver. Courtesy of a fat lad from Bolton

I had forgotten that old joke....

Bolton, is that the place where they role their arse when they speak. Currpark rather than carpark! :lol:

pip pip

Mick-n-Mags

We haven't had a supermarket delivery since we have owned our own boat but when we used to hire boats we always had our victuals delivered by Sainsbury's - they were brilliant and even loaded the stuff on board and put chilled food and drinks in the fridge - so that when we arrived to take the boat out, we had everything aboard that we needed. Obviously appropriate arrangements had to be made with the boatyard in advance and we always made sure that the delivery driver and any boatyard helpers received the customary gratuity.

I had forgotten that old joke....

Bolton, is that the place where they role their arse when they speak. Currpark rather than carpark! :lol:

pip pip

Mick-n-Mags

No that's Blackburrrn. Boltonians are much more sophisticated!

Edited by Smelly