Help, it's not getting any warmer, Webasto advice req!

barossa

Featured Posts

hi all,

The timing of this could not be worse.

Our Webasto has decided not to fire up.

For the last few days it was starting on the second cycle of the start up and quite alot of white smoke.

Error flash code was 1 flash after 5 quick.

It was cleaned recently, wasn't that much build up.

It is also connected to a 7 day timer which is not firing her up automatically either.

We rely on this system as we have no solid fuel.

Any ideas on remedy? or what may need replacing?

cheers a cold barossa

hi all,

For the last few days it was starting on the second cycle of the start up and quite alot of white smoke.

It is also connected to a 7 day timer which is not firing her up automatically either.

cheers a cold barossa

Not sure if this is any help but you do need a lot of power to start webasto in my case the I need at least 12.4.

mine will start at 11.8 if I have to.

I hope you get it sorted though, it's freezing. I can see my bvreath in the morning and then have to wait an hour for the webasto to get it warm.

Having spend a couple of days with no heating the other week the webasto packing up is my worse nightmare, hence trying to get a stove in asap. You should do the same imo, even if it's just for times like these.

mine will start at 11.8 if I have to.

I hope you get it sorted though, it's freezing. I can see my bvreath in the morning and then have to wait an hour for the webasto to get it warm.

Having spend a couple of days with no heating the other week the webasto packing up is my worse nightmare, hence trying to get a stove in asap. You should do the same imo, even if it's just for times like these.

If it's anything like a 12v Mikuni MX40 it should boost voltage if it is low, we have 24v MX60 which doesn't appear to have this facility.

hi all,

cheers a cold barossa

Hi

Try starting the engine before starting the heater, it might help but you will have lots of smoke until it has burned all the unburnt diesel out.

When did you last de-coked it ? It needs doing once a year, this is the wrong time of year! :lol:

Alex

Hi

Try starting the engine before starting the heater, it might help but you will have lots of smoke until it has burned all the unburnt diesel out.

When did you last de-coked it ? It needs doing once a year, this is the wrong time of year! :lol:

Alex

Hi all,

Thanks for your ideas,

just put it back together and she now nice and hot. Wondering if there was some moisture in the fuel as tank was quite low last week. I'm currently on shore line power so didn't think it was a voltage issue.

One thing that I did discover was the burner head seemed to be melted away somewhat on the plate that faces the gauze face?

Fingers crossed. Cheers

Hi all,

Thanks for your ideas,

just put it back together and she now nice and hot. Wondering if there was some moisture in the fuel as tank was quite low last week. I'm currently on shore line power so didn't think it was a voltage issue.

One thing that I did discover was the burner head seemed to be melted away somewhat on the plate that faces the gauze face?

Fingers crossed. Cheers

This our 8th winter living aboard and this Summer I decided no more Mikuni related stress and bought a Glembring diesel heater, no moving parts and requires no electricity, best thing I've ever done. We have 8kw on tap if required and peace of mind (as long as we can get diesel)

Phil