Living aboard in Cheshire area

Water Woman

Featured Posts

I am currently on the K and A on a 70ft narrowboat. In the early part of next year I am looking to move back up north due to a change in personal circumstances. Has anyone got any ideas of moorings? I can CC for a while until I get the lay of the land but a mooring would be better for all sorts of reasons. Any thoughts or suggestions would be more than welcome.

I am currently on the K and A on a 70ft narrowboat. In the early part of next year I am looking to move back up north due to a change in personal circumstances. Has anyone got any ideas of moorings? I can CC for a while until I get the lay of the land but a mooring would be better for all sorts of reasons. Any thoughts or suggestions would be more than welcome.

Hi

Any where in Cheshire?

Its a big area :lol:

Alex

BW aren't advertising anything of that length at the moment in the Cheshire area. I don't know how you would go about finding a private mooring other than in a marina.

I would suggest the Weaver, wide deep, quiet, etc and at Northwich you are 20 mins from the lift up to the T&M, moorings are advertised regularly in WW in the basin opposite the old BW yard, which is in the centre of town, then there are more a lock up about 10 mins further on in what must have been an old boat yard, lots of bigger ships, looks interesting but don't know what its called and they don't seem to advertise, then there is Acton Bridge, again they don't adverse. Would suggest it needs a car journey to look around really

Charles

Thanks Charles, I am up there often as it is where my family are. Next time I am there I will have a pootle around where you have suggested. Thanks so much for that. Although I know the area well by road etc (was born there) I have never been on the canal there for years. Cheers. Anything else you can think of I would be happy to hear.

Jo

I'm more than happy on Northwich marina. Tried to get a mooring on the T & M with no luck (did leave it a bit late!) and ended up on the Weaver , 3 years later still love it but you can get a bit stuck in the winter months with the locks and anderton shutting . Met a guy as I tried to get up the Anderton this morning(frozen solid!) he was just moving form Northwich marina to a mooring on the T & M for that reason so they have got spaces. Even if its just a stop gap it might be worth a try.